Top 8 Apps to Remote Control Android Devices in 2023
I need software to remotely control my grandmother's phone. She uses Android and often tells me very vague issues like "I'm not able to WhatsApp" you know how it is. I just want a way where with her permission I can remotely control and view her phone to diagnose and solve whatever issues that she has, since I live quite a ways away from her.
--From a Reddit User
Are you looking for applications to help you control Android phone or other devices remotely? By using remote control apps, you can easily operate various devices without the need for physical interaction. This makes it easier to assist friends, family, teams and customers.
The concept of remote control apps emerged with the increasing popularity of smartphones and the need for convenient control over various devices. Android remote control apps have gained significant traction due to the widespread use of Android devices globally. The following article will summarize the best Android remote control apps that you should try in 2023. Just read on!
8 Best Apps to Remote Control Android Devices
- AirDroid Personal - Best for Family & Personal Use
- AirDroid Remote Support - Best for Business & Unattended Access
- Anydesk - Security-focused
- Teamviewer - Free for Personal
- Vysor - Chorme App Supported
- Scrcpy- Best Open Source
- ApowerMirror - Best for Mobile Gaming Control
- Web Key -Web Based Remote Access
AirDroid Personal - Best for Family & Personal Use
AirDroid Personal is an advanced technology that allows users to control Android phone and table from a remote desktop or wirelessly. This makes file sharing and communication easier for users, saving a lot of time. The application is available on both PC and mobile platforms. It is one of the best remote control apps for Androide with personal us.
- Fully remote control your Android devices: You can gain complete control of the Android phones and tablets without rooting them.
- Remote camera: You can use the Android device camera and see the on-site situation.
- Screen mirroring: Wirelessly mirror your Android smartphones to your device (PC or mobile phone). Stream your broadcast, making it easier for sharing your games or photos with your audience.
- Hyper-fast file transfer: AirDroid Personal allows you to transmit files at a blistering 20MB/s across both local and distant connections.
- Data management: You can check up on and manage applications, storage, images, movies, music, and more on your devices using the desktop client or the online client AirDroid Personal.
- SMS and Notifications management: AirDroid Personal allows you to manage your phone from your computer. From your PC, you can check out notifications, receive and send SMSs.
You can also try AirDroid Web to access and control your devices from any browser using the internet. The solution, as well, is safe and free to use.
Price: AirDroid Personal has different pricing tiers with a free version or 3.99/month. If you choose quarterly or yearly packages, the price is reduced by a considerable amount.
Support: Android, Mac OS, Windows, and Web
Whether it's about price, performance, compatibility, or versatility, AirDroid Personal is an all-rounder. For more advanced uses, you can opt the AirDroid Business, which will fulfill all needs of your bigger teams with higher data limits.
Video Tutorial on How to Remote Control Your Android without Root?
How to remote control Android devices with AirDroid Personal?
Step 1 Get started on AidDroid Personal.
Download Airdroid both on your PC and Android device. Create an AirDroid Personal account or sign in if you have had your AirDroid account.
Step 2 Set up on your Android device.
Choose your options for permissions. When you initially sign in, you'll be prompted to provide the app access to certain areas of your Android.
Step 3 Set up on your PC.
Click on the Telescope icon to enter the Remote Control interface in the left bar.
Step 4 Start to remote control your mobile device.
Now you can take full control of your Android phone using AirDroid Personal.
AirDroid Remote Support - Best for Business & Unattended Access
AirDroid Remote Support is an Android remote control app with premium features. This app has all the features you need to gain full access to any Android devices. Unlike other remote control apps, you can use AirDroid Remote Support to gain access to unattended Android devices. In other words, after the connection between the two devices has been set, you can control the target Android remotely without requesting permission again. It comes at a user-friendly price. Several other features make this app unique.
More of these features are highlighted below.
Privacy Mode: Black Screen Mode is a privacy-centric technology, which enables IT admins to hide the screen image of the remote device during the remote control session and a hint saying "This device is under maintenance" will be shown.
Light-weight Device Management: You can invite team members to participate in device management, and set their roles and permissions to make device management well organized.
Live Chat: Tackle and resolve complex issues by communicating directly with real-time voice chat and screen viewing. If the user is not available to take a call, you can communicate through voice messaging or text.
File Transfer: Transfer files to your customer such as Apk files, or your customer can send you the error logs.
Remote Keyboard: You can provide remote assistance and make changes on the device with the keypad.
Security Policy: Provide customizable remote control and options to enable/disable file transfer services; set blockers to prevent unauthorized external access to organizations' devices; a dynamic 9-digit connection code can be enabled to protect client's privacy and to avoid unwanted disturbance.
Price: The basic package costs $199 for a year's subscription for one technician seat, while the standard package is $599 per year, including a license and unlimited benefits.
Supported Platforms: Android, iOS
Editor's Review: This app comes with real-time communication features, full access and control of unattended devices, and a remote AR camera. Hence, it offers more than conventional remote control apps.
Anydesk - Security-focused
AnyDesk is popular remote desktop app. You can also use it to remote access and control Android devices. It will help you to access any devices at any time, anywhere. It always ensures security and convenience so that many businesses and IT startups like it. Anydesk is often used by high-end users having complicated needs and accessibility requirements. The cloud-based tool is available on different operating systems from Android to iOS, Windows to macOS, and even Linux.
You can share desktops, control your smartphones, and perform different tasks like remote printing, device management, data transfer, etc. The tool is also a winner from the administration and customization features available.
- Share your display with other people or view the screen of another device.
- Use another device's keyboard and mouse, or allow other users to interact with your screen.
- Parallel to a typical remote connection, manage data and files between two devices.
- Connect to devices remotely and turn them on from sleep mode.
- Access your remote device using a password rather than manually accepting the remote session.
- Print files and documents from any site to a local printer using a remote device.
- Compatible with many different platforms.
- Extremely secure and safe with Military-grade TLS 1.2 security, 256-bit AES.
- Smooth operation with the frame rate is always at 60 fps.
- Cloud-based software is best from a security perspective
- No time restriction like many remote access tools
- User-friendly and responsive interface
- It lacks in connectivity a little, like sometimes you gets disconnected from the host and you lose the access.
- When networks connection gets low, it starts lagging sometimes.
- Price is on the higher side for the business users
- Copy-paste feature is not very effective
- Android remote control suffer through resolution adjustment
Support: Android, Mac OS, iOS, FreeBSD, Windows, and Linux
Editor's Review: Anydesk can be used as an Android remote control app if security is your prime concern. Besides, you can try the tool for ease of use, reliability, and safe communication during remote access.
Price: Free for personal and business versions for $178.8~958.8 per year
Teamviewer Quick Support- Free for Personal
TeamViewer QuickSupport was created with to provide speedy help. You can get tech assistance at any time after installing QuickSupport on your PC or mobile device. For quick troubleshooting, Teamviewer allows a support specialist to remotely access, operate, and observe your computer or mobile device.
- Allows remote control of computers, Android devices, or iOS devices.
- View (and possibly remove) your device's list of apps.
- Secure connection with 256 Bit AES encryption algorithm.
- Simultaneous display of the device's screen.
- It ensures that we are always connected to the internet on our main PCs.
- It makes remote access to our machines simple.
- When they come, it sends us a notice.
- The key device that we access remotely have sleep states, and accessing them becomes extremely difficult while they are in this mode.
- Large files cannot be shared since the number of file sizes that may be shared is limited.
Support: macOS, Windows, Chrome OS, Android, Linux, iOS
Editor's Review: Teamviewer for Android remote control is something you can go after if you prefer a solution that has a lot of features and is free for personal use. However, you must be okay with the complicated setup of the software before you start collaborating with your friends and family over Teamviewer.
Price: Free for personal use and pricing starting from $298.8 to $2,758.8 per year for business users.
Vysor- Chorme App Supported
Vysor is for those users who want a simplistic user interface with easy procedures for Android remote control. Vysor is also a software having screen mirroring of Android phones on Desktops via Chrome browser. We must applaud Vysor as a performance-driven, feature-enriched, and versatile app. You can connect wirelessly or using a USB data cable.
- Vysor allows you to use your iOS or Android device on your computer.
- Play games, use applications and control your iOS or Android device.
- All operating systems are supported through a desktop or online app.
- Using your PC keyboard, type a hundred words per minute on your phone.
- Scroll by pointing, clicking, and scrolling. Your mouse is also functional.
- Share your gadget with others in the workplace or across the world. Remote devices may be accessed through screen and ADB. It's as easy as emailing a link.
- User-friendly interface
- Fast scanning, connection, and functioning
- Mirror Android screen on Desktop via Chrome browser
- Not a free Bluetooth remote control app for Android
- High-resolution, screen recording, wireless access, and full-screen mode are available in paid version only
- In-app ads in the free version
Support: Android, iOS, Linux, Mac, Windows, Google Chrome
Editor's Review: Vysor is a great app to remotely access Android from a PC or laptop using the Chrome web browser. However, it would be great if the company had taken the initiative to provide useful features for the free version.
Price: For personal use, it can be $40 for a lifetime or $10 per year. Enterprise solutions costs are calculated according to the team size and needs.
Scrcpy- Best Open Source
Scrcpy is an Android remote access and control software that is based on an open-source platform. The screen mirroring app allows you to remotely access your Android from a PC or desktop. You can use Scrcpy on multiple devices to open applications on remote Android, share files, and a lot more.
- Open-source software is secure, encrypted, and light on your system
- Easy setup for screen mirroring and file sharing
- Fast performance due to open-source platform and low latency rate
- Free to use
- Sophisticated setup and installation
- Hard to get authenticated copy of the software
- Audio forwarding is not available in Scrcpy
Support: Windows, Linux, macOS
Editor's Review: Scrcpy is an open-source tool that doesn't require any rooting of devices and can be used for free. However, you must consider the fact that it can be overwhelming for beginners to fully understand and follow the instructions for setting up Scrcpy to access files
Price: Free to use
ApowerMirror- Best for Mobile Gaming Control
ApowerMirror is an Android remote control app that can be capitalized for screen mirroring your Android device on a bigger screen like a desktop or laptop. It eliminates the need to install emulators to run Android applications or view the screen on a bigger screen.
In fact, you can use the app to remotely control one Android phone from another phone. Whether you want to record the screen of an Android device, use a painting tool, or use a cloud mirror, you can do it with Apowermirror.
- Easy screen mirroring to PC for gameplays
- Full control from a PC or another Android device
- File transfer between Android and PC
- Free for basic features
- iOS support is not as efficient as Android
- the relatively newer tool has some bugs and issues
- Sudden quality drops in screen mirroring
Support: Android, iOS, Windows, macOS
Editor's Review: The app might not have as advanced features as AirDroid Personal or enhanced security as Anydesk, but it is a great option for personal use. If you are someone who loves gaming and watching gameplay on a bigger screen, ApowerMirror is a great alternative to Android emulators for gaming enthusiasts.
Price: Free with basic features, $29.9/Month to an annual subscription of $69.9. $119.9 per year and $299.9 for lifetime paln.
Web Key-Web Based Remote Access
Webkey is an Android remote control and remote access platform that can be capitalized on to control your Android devices, mirror screens, and transfer data over the web. There is no need to install any software on your PC to access your Android phone. It is a great option for rooted devices. You can take remote screenshots, screen recording, copy-pasting, view the phone screen on the desktop, and much more.
- Web-based Android remote control from PC
- Track Android device over GPS
- Terminal access on Linux
- Affordable pricing
- Not as many features as other alternatives
- No screen orientation setting
- Not available for non-rooted devices.
Support: Android, Windows, Linux, macOS
Editor's Review: If you are keen to have a web-based remote access platform to access your rooted device from a desktop or laptop with Windows, you can go for this one. However, bear in mind that it lacks many advanced features that other tools like AirDroid Personal or Scrcpy can offer you.
Price: Starting from €5 per month to €120 per year for professional use, € 1390 per year for business use.
Factors to Consider When Pick a Android Remote Control Software
When you are looking for a solution to remotely control an Android phone from another phone or device, compatibility is one of the biggest challenges. And if a solution is compatible with all operating systems, you might not have free access, or it might not be on your budget. In short, you have to ensure that the tool you select is compatible with all devices before you go for it.
Data and Device Security
When you are using a tool for recovering your data or providing remote support to a friend or family member, the security and integrity of your data are also very important. Therefore, ensure that the solution you pot has a centralized system for storing sensitive data that is free from any risk of a data breach. Remote control apps like AirDroid Remote Support deploy end-to-end encryption and privacy mode to secure your data safety.
Performance and User-Friendly
Android remote control app performance cannot be ignored in any way. It relates to the previous point of features we discussed. Speed of scanning data, easy access to devices, multiple device support, fluency to provide a solution for different problems, etc., are the main factors that are factored in when assessing the performance of any remote control and remote access app or software.
User experience, user interface, simple steps, etc., are the factors counted when deciding if an app or software is user-friendly or not.A balance of functionality and user experience is required to make a solution user-friendly.
Versatility is yet another thing to look for in the best remote access apps and tools. The application you are choosing must provide multiple device support because the need for remote access can arise for any device, from an Android phone to a tablet, PC, and even web. You should ensure you are not stuck with a basic tool that does not support certain file types or devices.
Whether you want to transfer files from one device to another, want to recover data from your old phone, or want remote management access to any device, you need a features-enriched tool. The basic criteria to go after any remote access tool or software is an all-in-one tool that fulfils all kinds of needs. The features you have to look at include the speed of scanning, important tool highlights, performance, user interface, price, ease to use, etc.
Of course, price is one of the major factors when you are choosing the right solution to solve your problem. Therefore, comparison of price to value you will get is also an important consideration for a remote access tool or app.
Comparison between Best Remote Control Tools
Android, Mac OS, Windows, and Web
Android, Mac OS, iOS, Windows,and, Web
Android, Mac OS, iOS, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Berry Pi, FreeBSD
Android, Mac OS, iOS, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Berry Pi
Android, iOS, Linux, Mac, Windows, Google Chrome
Windows, Linux, macOS
Android, Mac OS, iOS, Window
Android, Mac OS, iOS, Windows,and, Linux
Benefits of Using Android Remote Control Apps
Here are the benefits of having Android remote control software:
Increased Convenience and Productivity
Android remote control apps allow you to control your Android device from another device, such as a smartphone or computer. This can be particularly useful when you want to access your device remotely, without having to physically interact with it. They will also increase your productivity and scalability by providing all-time access to your Android phones. For instance, an employee can always work at his home, move data to his Android, and remotely access the files using his office desktop. It also works vice versa, where an employer can provide system support to employees via remote access apps.
Remote Assistance for Friends, Family, Team and Customers
You can always provide remote assistance to friends and family, team and customers who are stuck with anything on their phones. Whether it's a system bug, installing/uninstalling an app, helping them understand a procedure, etc., you can collaborate with them, provide remote assistance, and remotely control other Android devices to provide support.
Remote Manage Android Devices
If you want to remotely manage many Android devices, solutions like Anydesk, AirDroid and Teamviewer are best for personal as well as professional use. You can view system information, change apps, use an Android remote control, transfer files, provide system support, etc., by capitalizing on the remote access tools.
Ditch The Android Emulator
Many Android gamers use the emulators on their laptops and desktops to enjoy the games on a bigger screen. With the remote access, remote control and mirroring features of the apps, there is no need to install heavy emulators on your PC.