A Simple Guide on How to AirDrop from iPhone to PC
AirDrop is one of the stellar services of Apple that allows users to transfer files between iPhone, iPad, and Mac. But not all people own a Mac computer.
So, what to do if you need to transfer files from your iPhone to a Windows PC or vice versa? That’s the reason why many people wonder if you can AirDrop from iPhone to PC or not.
If you’re also finding answer this crucial query, then cheer up. We have gathered all the relevant information regarding AirDrop for PC in this blog post. Stick to reading and find out.
1Can You AirDrop from iPhone to PC?
Just like Bluetooth, AirDrop aims to provide a hassle-free procedure to Apple users to share data between their devices. But unfortunately, Apple keeps its services exclusive to its ecosystem. That is, you can use AirDrop only when both devices are from Apple.
Thus, you cannot AirDrop from Windows to iPhone using traditional method. But it doesn’t mean transferring data between your iPhone and PC is not possible. You have got plenty of workable solutions to move as many files between these two platforms as you want.
The next section will provide a few simple methods to AirDrop from iPhone to Windows 10 without losing data quality.
2AirDrop Windows to iPhone Using iTunes File Sharing
iTunes is an official Apple app that allows users to transfer files between iPhone and Windows. The program needs a wired connection between the devices, and then, you can start moving the data.
Aside from file transfer, iTunes also possesses powerful functions like restoring your iPhone, backing up data, and updating iOS. Additionally, you can also organize and play your iPhone music on PC.
Check out the below steps to use iTunes:
- Step 1. Install and launch iTunes on your Windows – if you haven’t already.
- Step 2. Now, connect your iPhone to the PC via a lightning cable. Accept the connection pop-up on your iPhone for successful connection.
- Step 3. Next, click the iPhone icon at the top bar
- Step 4. After that, just hit File Sharing on the left tab to view your iPhone apps and files. Here, select what you want to transfer to PC and hit Save to store it on your PC.
iTunes also has some significant downsides. For instance, it often fails to connect your iPhone and Windows. And similarly, don’t expect iTunes to move every type of file on your iPhone - it doesn’t support many types of data.
3How to AirDrop from iPhone to PC using SHAREit
Another third-party tool to AirDrop photos from iPhone to PC is SHAREit. It has earned its status as one of the most credible cross-platform file sharing programs in the world. All it needs a stable Wi-Fi connection and voila, you no longer need to worry about moving your files.
What makes SHAREit so popular among users is its it can transfer big files at a remarkable speed. Aside from that, the app also lets you control PowerPoint presentations on PC from your iPhone, remotely view PC files on your device, backup photos, and more.
Follow the below steps to use this tool:
- Step 1. Install both the mobile version and desktop version of SHAREit on the respective devices.
- Step 2. To send data, launch the app on the host device and hit Send. Next, select the files you need to transfer.
- Step 3. Next, the app will search for the recipient device. You can use the QR code scan to connect both devices
And bang, it will instantly start moving your data from iPhone to PC. The files will be stored on its default folder.
However, be ready to experience tons of irritating ads on the free version of this app. Also, it can only transfer a handful of data types and most of the content would be missing. And most importantly, it may take a beginner some time getting used to its interface and functions.
4Easiest Way to AirDrop to PC from iPhone – Use AirDroid Personal
As you now already know, both iTunes and SHAREit are not ideal solutions to move data between iPhone and Windows. That’s why we introduce AirDroid Personal as a perfect alternative to AirDrop to Windows PC.
With this tool, sharing files from iPhone to Windows has never been easier. Bonus point, you don’t even need a wired connection to make the transfer. The app establishes a remote connection between devices and after that, sending data is a one click away.
One of the powerful features of AirDroid is its ability to send data to multiple devices in one go. And most importantly, it is compatible with all types of data including photos, videos, apps, documents, and many more.
The program boasts of its unique capability to move data at a lightning-fast speed without losing the quality. If that’s not enough, it guarantees seamless data transfer between any two devices including Android, Linux, iPhone, Mac, and Windows.
Key Features of AirDroid Personal
Here are the top features you get from the premium version of this tool:
- Offers a super easy way to AirDrop files from iPhone to PC.
- Transfer speed is several times faster than AirDrop.
- Supports all popular types of data.
- It can send data to multiple devices in one go.
- It can backup phone’s data on Chromebook on PC as well as restore it anytime you want.
- Mirror iPhone on your PC.
Using AirDroid Personal is a cakewalk even for first-time users. Just implement the below steps to use transfer data:
Follow the below steps to use this tool:
- Step 1. Install AirDroid Personal Desktop Client and mobile app on your PC and iPhone. Login with your AirDroid account on both devices.
- Step 2. Open the mobile app, tap My Devices, and choose your Windows PC to wirelessly connect both devices.
- Step 3. Now, tap the File Transfer option > attachment icon > Files, and select the files you want to transfer. Hit Send.
The sent files will be automatically downloaded on the AirDroid default folder on your PC.
This article has provided a comprehensive guide on Air Drop PC. It shows that you cannot AirDrop from iPhone to PC, however, you have many alternative ways to transfer files between iPhone and Windows.
You can either use iTunes or else, try AirDroid Personal. The latter offers the most convenient way to share files between any two platforms – not just iPhone and PC. It is compatible with all known devices including Mac, Windows, Linux, iPhone, and Android.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Common FAQs Regarding AirDrop iPhone to Windows
Below are some important questions you may have about the topic at hand.