- Works on rooted and non-rooted devices
- Wireless connection to remotely access your devices
- Also, let you remotely access your phone's camera
- Screen mirroring to PC
- Wireless file sharing across your phones and desktop
- SMS& Notification for collaboration
What Is Web Based Remote Access? Top 7 Web-based Remote Desktop &Mobile Control Tools In 2023!
- Best Web Based Access Tool- AirDroid Personal
- Works on rooted and non-rooted devices
- Wireless connection to remotely access your Android devices and files
- Broswer-based software doesn't require installations on PC
- Directly control your Android from Google Chrome or Firefox, etc
If you want to access multiple devices from another device, you need the right tools for that purpose. Remote access software and tools are what you need to control multiple computers, smartphones, or devices from other devices. Remove access software work on local networks as well as the internet. We have listed the best web-based remote access tools you need to know in 2023! Besides, we will also tell you why you choose web-based remote access tools!
- Part 1 : What Is Web-Based Remote Access?
- Part 2 : Benefits of Using Web-Based Remote Access Software
- Part 3 : Types of Web-Based Remote Access Software
- Part 4 : Best Free Web-Based Remote Desktop Software
- Part 5 : Best Free Web-Based Mobile Remote Control Recommendations
- Part 6 : FAQs
What Is Web-Based Remote Access?
Remote access is when an authorized person accesses a computer, network, phone, or device from another device from a geographical distance using a local network or internet. Remote access is usually focused on accessing another device to fix a problem, installing software, screen sharing, support to the end user, etc.
And when we talk about web-based remote access, it is accessing a device over the internet instead of the local network. Browser-based remote desktop is the fastest one, allows you to connect through a distance, and needs no software installation on the devices you want to access.
Benefits of Using Web-Based Remote Access Software
Why should you choose web-based remote access software and tools over local networks?
Here are the benefits of web-based remote access:
- Flexibility for the small businesses to collaborate with their employees
- You can flexibly access other devices for personal use as well. E.g., helping a friend install software, fix a problem, etc.
- With browser-based remote access platforms, you don’t need to install any app or software on your devices.
- You can access the internet-based remote access platforms from anywhere and on any operating system.
- The faster speed and secure connection with encryption is also a perk of using internet-based remote software
Many other benefits vary from situation to situation. But it’s important to know that web-based remote control software is efficient, faster, and flexible.
Types of Web-Based Remote Access Software
If you haven’t already used any web-based remote software, we will introduce you to types of browser-based software used for remote access. There are two types of software and platforms: web-based remote desktop and web-based mobile remote control.
Here is a brief description of each of them:
Web-Based Remote Desktop
You will need a web-based remote desktop when you want to access a desktop or laptop. Therefore, we can define a web-based remote desktop as the software or solution that a professional will need to access any distant desktop computer, laptop, network, or device. For instance, if you are in your office but your important files are on the desktop at your home.
You can remotely access your desktop and get the files you need; right from your smartphone. It’s also very useful when you are working from home; you can easily access the network files or office desktop to keep work going.
Web-Based Mobile Remote Control
What if you want to access the files saved on your mobile? Or what if your phone’s screen is broken and the touch screen is not working properly?
You need to back up your files or move data before getting the phone repaired. With the web-based mobile remote controls, you can access your mobile phone from a computer, laptop, or another smartphone. Therefore, web-based mobile remote control solutions are aimed are remote access to your smartphones, tablets, etc.
AirDroid Web is a browser-based mobile remote control solution that you can capitalize on. Whether you want to access your iPhone files or Android phone, you can do this with the solution.
Best Free Web-Based Remote Desktop Software
As already discussed, web-based remote desktop solutions let you control or access your computer from a mobile or another device. Here are the best free web-based remote desktop software and solutions you must know in 2023!
Chrome Remote Desktop
Let’s start with Chrome Remote Desktop! Chrome Remote Desktop is a free web-based RDP that is accessible from any operating system. With the Chrome RDP extension, you can access other computers, laptops, and devices using your own mobile or laptop.
The best thing about Chrome RDP is a secure connection and free access. You can give or receive real-time support at different geographical locations with the free RDP client.
- It's a free web-based platform
- Secure to use
- Cross-platform compatibility is great
- RDP Extension works with the Google Chrome Browser only
- Limited features as compared to other RDP solutions
Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, macOS, and others
The cross-platform remote desktop based on the internet is easy to access and use. Although a free one, it has very limited features and functionality compared to other similar solutions. However, if you want a solution for personal use, you can consider it a win-win.
Zoho Assist can be regarded as one of the best all-rounder RDP solutions for web-based solution finders. It is a cloud-based solution that provides support for accessing almost all devices.
- Highly recommended solution for people dealing with sensitive date
- Competitive prices for enterprise users
- Best tool for small businesses
- Not suited for large companies or networks
- Very limited functionality in the free version
- Every plan has different features
Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, iOS
Zoho Assist is worth considering whether you want to access a computer for printing a document, fix a problem, collaborate for work, etc. However, you must know that you will need to get a premium version to enjoy functionality.
DWService is also a web-based RDP that can be accessed from any device using a web browser. The open-source solution lets you remotely access files, screens, processes, etc., from your mobile phone or laptop. If you want a smooth and fast experience for accessing remote desktops, DWService is what you need.
- Fast connection
- The web-based solution is supported on all devices
- Free to use
- Advance features
- Requires DWAgent installation
- Not recommended for business use
Windows, Linux, Raspberry, and macOS
Although it’s a web-based RDP client, you will need to download DW Agent on the remote client for Windows PC and Raspberry PI. Overall, the solution is best when you want a fast connection. It’s a comparable solution to the AnyDesk but is free to use, unlike the $118 a year cost of AnyDesk.
RemotePC is not just a web-based solution for remote accessing your desktop; the developers have launched the web-based version based on popularity and demand. RemotePC is a popular, trusted, and secure platform for collaborating at different places, installing software on remote devices, accessing files and data, etc., with fast speed and secure connection.
- The web-based solution, as well as a native desktop app available
- The recommended solution for personal users as well as business users
- Speed is not affected even with a large number of connections
- Set up can take time
- Not a completely free app
- The web-based solution is not as feature enriched.
Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, Chrome OS, Raspberry, iOS, Fire OS
RemotePC is a sustainable solution for remote access. The tool has an intuitive and performance-oriented user interface, competitive pricing, fast speed, secure connection, and cross-platform support. Personal and professional users can trust this tool for remote access and collaboration. However, it might not be the right fit for large companies.
Last but not least, ISL Online is also a web-based remote desktop that is a suitable choice for big or small businesses. The solution built on cloud technology provides top-notch security features and remote access functionality across different devices and operating systems. However, it might not be a great choice for personal use due to hefty subscription and cloud-licensing fees.
- Very competitive for its pricing as a business tool
- Multiple platform support
- Security features are unarguably winner
- Remote sessions can be initiated in different ways
- Too expensive for small businesses or personal users
- A large number of sessions negatively affects the speed
Windows, Android, iOS, macOS, etc.
It is an all-rounder tool for performance and speed, but we don’t recommend it for personal users. The reason is not feature-related, but the price for a subscription is too high considering the value. However, if you are a business user, it indeed gives a bounty of tools, add-ons, extensions, etc.
Best Free Web-Based Mobile Remote Control Recommendations
Here is free web-based mobile remote control software you might want to consider for accessing files on your smartphone:
AirDroid is a mobile management tool that can be installed on your phone and used for remote access of your phone from other devices. You can make calls, mirror screen to desktop, share files over a local network, and a lot more.
AirDroid Web is a browser-based mobile remote control solution that you can capitalize on. Whether you want to access your iPhone files or Android phone, you can do this with the solution. AirDroid Web is a great alternative to iTunes for accessing iPhone files.
The main features of the web-based mobile remote control are as follows:
Supported OS: Windows, Android, iOS, macOS
Scrcpy is an open-source browser-based application for remote controlling your mobile phone from a PC or another device. Scrcpy is an Android screen-mirroring application that lets you control Android devices via USB or TCP. Rooting your devices or Scrcpy download is unnecessary as it’s an open-source application.
The main features of the app are as follows:
- Low latency rate
- Free software
- Open-source software doesn't require installations
- Quick start-up and functionality
- Audio forwarding is not supported
- A steep learning curve
- Authenticated software is hard to get