[2022 Updated] Full Guide on Mirror iPhone to iPad
One of the most popular features of Apple devices like the iPhone and iPad is their wide-ranging accessibility and features that allow you to interconnect your Apple devices. Screen mirroring is a great way of viewing your content on a larger screen, such as mirroring an iPhone to an iPad.
This article tells you all about mirroring iPhone to iPad. Keep reading!
- 1. Comparison of 4 Methods for Screen Mirroring iPhone to iPad
- 2. How to Mirror iPhone to iPad?
- AirPlay (Built-in Feature)
- AirDroid Cast Web
- 3. How to Mirror iPhone to iPad without Wi-Fi?
- 4. Bouns: How to Mirror iPhone to Mac/Windows?
- 5. Takeaways & FAQs about Screen Mirroring & AirPlay
Comparison of 4 Methods for Screen Mirroring iPhone to iPad
|Feature||AirPlay||AirDroid Cast Web||EasyCast||ApowerMirror|
|Performance||Good performance as long as the Apple device supports AirPlay.||Great performance.||Poor performance due to lack of updates and lots of bugs.||Good performance with some performance issues.|
|Compatibility||Wide-ranging compatibility.||Wide-ranging compatibility for Android, iOS, macOS, and TVs.||Limited to Apple Devices||Good compatibility with Android, Apple, and Microsoft devices.|
How to Mirror iPhone to iPad?
Following are the top 4 methods you can use to mirror iPhone to iPad.
1Mirror iPhone to iPad with AirPlay
You can AirPlay iPhone to iPad as long as both of your devices support AirPlay 2. A significant benefit of using AirPlay is that it is a built-in feature of Apple devices, so you can use it to mirror any type of screen from your iPhone to the iPad.
All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Step 1. Connect iPhone and iPad to the same Wi-Fi Network
- In order to use AirPlay to mirror iPhone to iPad, you must connect both of these devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Step 2. Turn on AirPlay
- Swipe up on your iPhone screen to access Control Center and tap on screen Mirroring to enable AirPlay.
- Step 3. Select your iPad to Start Screen Mirroring
- Select your iPad from the list to start mirroring iPhone to iPad with the help of AirPlay.
Reviews of AirPlay
Overall, AirPlay has good reviews because it is a built-in feature of most Apple devices, so people like this quick and easy screen mirroring tool as long as compatibility issues do not arise.
- A built-in feature of Apple devices, so you don't have to install any external application.
Optimized sound control to control volume from both devices.
- High-quality screen mirroring as AirPlay uses lossless compression.
- Multi-room sound compatibility.
- Safe and riskless
- Limited to iOS devices.
- Devices must be connected to the same network.
- Compatibility issues can arise if either your Apple device does not support AirPlay.
2 Mirror iPhone to iPad Using AirDroid Cast Web
AirDroid Cast Web is a user-friendly and lightweight screen mirroring tool that provides a wide range of features and compatibility for screen casting different devices. You can use it to mirror iPhone to iPad and enjoy optimum performance with low latency and impressive audio and visual features.
A major benefit of using AirDroid Cast Web is that it supports remote casting, which is not possible with other platforms like AirPlay.
How to Mirror iPhone to iPad Using AirDroid Cast Web?
- Step 1. Open the AirDroid Cast Web on your iPad
- First, open the AirDroid Cast Web by browsing “webcast.airdroid.com” on your iPad. Then the page will diasplay an OR code and a Cast Code.
- Step 2. Download and Install AirDroid Cast
- Secondly, download and install the AirDroid Cast app on your iPhone. You can download it from the Apple App Store or from the official download page of AirDroid Cast.
- Step 4. Enjoy Screen Mirroring
- Once you scan the QR code and provide permission, your iPhone’s screen will be mirrored to the iPad. You can even control your iPhone through your iPad using the control features of AirDroid Cast.
- Web and app versions are available.
- Impressive control options.
- High efficiency and performance with no lags.
- Support cast multiple screens simultaneously.
- You have to buy the premium version to access some features, such as remote casting
Reviews of AirDroid Cast
Users rely on AirDroid Cast to fulfill a wide range of screen mirroring requirements as it offers great compatibility and features.
3Mirror iPhone to iPad with EasyCast
EasyCast is a popular screen mirroring app that you can use to mirror iPhone to another screen, such as an iPad.
It has a user-friendly interface full of useful features that you can use by following these steps:
- Step 1. Install EasyCast
- Install EasyCast on your iPhone and iPad.
- Step 2. Launch EasyCast App.
- Launch the EasyCast app on both of your devices and make sure that the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Step 3. Receive Broadcast on iPad
- Since you are mirroring from iPhone to iPad, it means you will be receiving the screen on the iPad. Use the Receive Broadcast option on your iPad and select Broadcast Screen from your iPhone. It will find the devices connected to the same Wi-Fi. Select your iPad to start screen mirroring.
- Step 4. Enjoy Screen Mirroring with EasyCast
- Screen mirroring will start quickly after selecting the device. You can stop the screen mirroring by using the Stop Broadcast option.
- Low latency screen mirroring.
- Easy to set up.
- Wireless connection.
- Performance lags are common despite the promises of providing low latency features.
- Compatibility issues with different device models.
- Poor reviews by users.
Reviews of EasyCast
Compared to the other platforms, EasyCast has not updated its features and fixed the bugs, due to which it has bad reviews on the internet.
4Mirror iPhone to iPad with ApowerMirror
ApowerMirror is another great tool you can use to mirror the iPhone to your iPad. It also works with Mac and Android devices too, and people love it because of its smooth connectivity and high audio quality.
Here’s how to use it:
- Step 1. Download ApowerMirror app
- Download ApowerMirror on both iPhone and iPad. Next, make sure both iOS devices are connected to the same Internet connection.
- Step 2. Establish Connection
- Open the ApowerMirror app on your iPhone. Tap on “M” at the bottom center, and the search for a nearby device will begin. When you see your iPad, tap on it.
- Step 3. Start Screen mirroring
- Next, select ApowerMirror and tap on “Start Broadcast.”
- It can connect up to 4 devices
- Supports both wired and wireless screen sharing
- Compatible with Android, iOS, and PC
- Screen quality will downgrade if the internet speed gets low
Reviews of ApowerMirror
ApowerMirror has received five-star ratings on a number of platforms because of its simple interface and how easily it lets users share the screen between different devices.
How to Mirror iPhone to iPad without Wi-Fi?
There are two major ways of screen mirroring iPhone to iPad without Wi-Fi:
The best way to do it is by using AirPlay, as it does not involve installing any external app. Many iPhone and iPad users have a misconception that a stable Wi-Fi network connection is required to mirror via AirPlay. In reality, AirPlay has modern peer-to-peer technology to help you screen mirror iPhone to iPad without Wi-Fi using Bluetooth. It involves the following steps:
- Step 1. Activate Peer-to-Peer AirPlay
- Turn on Bluetooth on both of your devices to ensure the devices can communicate with each other. Moreover, activate Wi-Fi because it is a requirement of Peer-to-Peer AirPlay. Activating Wi-Fi does not mean you have to be connected to a network connection, but it has to be turned on to activate Peer-to-Peer AirPlay.
- Step 2. Access AirPlay Controls
- Access the AirPlay Controls through the Screen Mirroring option in the Control Center. If it is not showing up, you should move the devices closer to ensure the Bluetooth is in range.
- Step 3. Select iPad and Start Screen Mirroring
- Once you tap on Screen Mirroring, a list of devices will show up. Select your iPad from the list to start screen mirroring your iPhone to your iPad without Wi-Fi.
Bonus: How to Mirror iPhone to Mac/Windows?
AirDroid Cast is a free, reliable, and user-friendly tool for screen mirroring your device, such as an iPhone to Windows / Mac. The wide-ranging compatibility of AirDroid Cast makes it the perfect solution to fulfill your screen mirroring requirements.
- The first thing you need to do is to install AirDroid Cast on your devices. Make sure that you install the app on your computer and your iphone too.
- Then, you must start a cast request from your mobile device. You can use Wireless, AirPlay or USB for the connection.
- After you completed that, you will receive a casting request on the computer. You must accept some permissions to ensure that the process works flawlessly and without any issues.
- Enable the casting permission on the iphone device. Now you will be able to access all the content from your iPhone onto your computer.
With AirDroid Cast, you can control your iPhone from your PC and enjoy screen mirroring with optimum performance.
Features like AirPlay play an integral role in fulfilling your screen mirroring requirements and casting iPhone to iPad with maximum efficiency. However, there are still some bugs and compatibility issues common with such functions, due to which you should rely on third-party tools.
The availability of tools like AirDroid Cast has made screen mirroring much easier and more accessible than ever before. Now, you don't have to go through complicated installation and configuration steps to start mirroring your iPhone to your iPad.