[2023 Update]14 Best Phone Tracker Apps With Google Map
Google map is a geographical app. It gives satellite images of the earth when the device's location is enabled. It also provides GPS features for tracking other people's locations via location sharing. It also has interesting functions like explore and ETA (expected time of arrival), making it the bedrock of most location tracking apps and software. Google phone tracker apps use Google Maps to track a device's location. This post contains the best phone tracker apps with Google Maps. Read on to find out more!
Part 1. Google Phone Tracker Apps
Google is not just a search engine. It has phone tracker apps too for android devices to see the device's location in case it gets stolen or missing. Lately, Google phone tracker apps are used for more than just that. Parents and guardians now use it to monitor their kid's location. Below are four Google phone tracker apps.
Google Find My Device
Google Find My Device is a Google phone locator exclusively for android devices. It lets you find your devices when it gets missing. It also locates smart watches and tablets with Android OS.
This Google phone tracker gives you a real-time update on the device's location and battery life.
How to Use Google Find My Device
- First, download and install the Google Find My Device app from the Google play store.
- Launch the app and sign in with your Google account (Gmail) address.
- Alternatively, you can sign in through the guest mode.
- Your device information and location will pop up when you add your Google password.
- Tap the menu option (the three-dot at the top right corner of your screen)
- There are three options; play sound, secure the device, and erase the device.
- The play sound option will ring the device up to the loudest volume, even if it is in silent mode
- The secure device option will add a security lock on your device in case it is stolen
- The erase device option will completely remove all data from the device.
Google Family Link
Google family link is a Google location tracking app that allows parents to see their kid's location. It also allows them to manage the apps on their kid's device, views the device activity, set the device usage limit, and lock it. The Google Family Link runs on both android and iOS devices.
How to Use Google Family Link
- Download the Google Family Link app from the play store or app store.
- Download the app on your kid's phone.
- Ensure that you and your kid have a Gmail account.
- If your kid is under 13, you can create a Gmail for them from the Family Link app.
- Launch the app on your device and your kid's device
- Follow the instructions when prompted to link your account to your kid's account.
- You can set the rules, view the device activity, and set the screen limit from the settings menu.
- Select your child's name from the Family Link app
- You'd see options to find their location and block/unblock apps from their device.
Google Map Location Sharing
Google map is a navigation app. It is one of Google's location-tracking apps that tracks and locates devices using GPS. It gives the real-time location, and you can share it with friends and family to keep them updated about your location.
How to Use Google Map Location Sharing
- Enable the location-sharing option on Google Maps.
- Tap your profile picture at the top right corner
- Navigate to location sharing
- Tap "share location" to enable the feature.
- Tap the + or - sign to increase and decrease the sharing time. The default time is limited, so you can increase or decrease it.
- Select the contact you want to share your location with
- Ensure they are saved on your google contact
- Click the contact and tap "share."
- If they don't have a Google account, go to "location sharing" on the map
- Tap "new share."
- Tap "copy to clipboard" to copy the link
- Paste the link to them via a messaging app or through a text message to share your location
- To stop sharing your location, tap your profile picture
- Go to "location sharing.";
- Tap the profile you are sharing your location with
- Tap "stop" to stop sharing.
Google Earth Phone Tracker
The Google Earth phone tracker is a collection of geographical features and tools that gives an aerial view of the earth from a satellite. This Google phone tracker app lets you track people through their phone numbers. It also gives a 3D view of their location.
How to Use Google Earth Phone Tracker
- Visit the Google Earth website and log in with your Google account.
- If you don't have a Google account, create one before you log in.
- Type the target phone number when prompted and tap "send a link to my phone."
- An SMS containing a link will be sent to the phone number, inviting them to share their location.
- When the target person clicks on the link, they'll be prompted to "allow Google to use current location."
- Next, they'll permit Google earth to "view their current location."
- An aerial image of the target person's location will pop up on your Google earth home screen.
- Google Earth will keep tracking their real-time location in 3D images as long as they remain connected to the website.
Part 2. 10 Best Third-party Phone Tracker Apps with Google Maps
Before learning more about the ten best apps, you may have a quick view firstly.
|Phone Tracker||Editor's Comment||Free version||Price||Rating|
|AirDroid||Comprehensive phone tracker app||Yes, 3-14 days free trial|| $9.99/Month|
|CocoSpy||Advanced GPS location tracking||No|| $49.99/Month|
|MSpy||Tracker over 20 apps||Yes|| $48.99/Month|
|HoverWatch||Superior phone tracker for geolocation||Three days free trial for five devices|| $24.95/Month|
|KidsGuard Pro||Monitor kids' social media remotely||No|| $29.95-39.95/Month|
|Spyic||Rational price and convenient UI||Yes|| $39.99-99.99/Month|
|iKeyMonitor||Strong application for tracking digital devices||Free version with limited tracker features||$16.6/Month||8.5/10|
|Spyzie|| Monitors social media messages and the Wi-Fi network,|
perfect for iPhone
|SpyBubble||Popular among parents||7 days free trial||$24.95-$49.95 Monthly||08/10|
|FlexiSpy||Monitor phones remotely and retrieves passwords from phones||Yes, 24 hours free trial|| $29.95-$68/Month|
AirDroid Phone Tracking App
AirDroid Phone Tracking app holds the top most position among our list of best phone tracker apps. We suggest you communicate with your kid before using a phone tracker app. However, if you can't get permission from your kid, the program is still an excellent choice since it will be stealthy after installation.
It offers up to 14-day free trial (seven days more than other phone trackers) for a yearly license, and its subscription plan is also very cost-effective. Remotely, users can manage text messages, WhatsApp messages, contacts, etc.
- Tracks the kids' location in real-time to know where they are. It also gives their location history.
- Alert parents when kids open a restricted app or when their phones have low battery.
- Remotely Manage kids' phone to watch and hear kids' phone surroundings
- Screen cast their kids' android phones to ensure safe online activities
- Allows parents to check the app details and usage traffic on their kids' phones, and view the notifications they get remotely.
- Limit their phone and app usage. It disallows apps from opening once the usage limit is reached.
CocoSpy Phone Tracker App
CocoSpy is one of the best phone tracker apps that works for both android and iOS devices. Users require an account to use. Overall, it is easy to use and is highly recommended for parents.
- SIM location tracking
- Call monitor and tracking
- SMS reader
- Social media tracking
- Geofence alert
- Browser activity monitoring
- It offers both GPS-based and Wi-Fi-based locations
- It tracks cellphones without jailbreak
- Phone tracking is usually discrete and remote
- It combines both parental control and phone tracking
- It has no free version or demo trial
- It does not record calls
- It needs rooting to monitor certain apps (like Snapchat)
mSpy Cell Phone Tracker
mSpy allows you remote and discreet access to the activity of any cell phone. Information from the targeted phone is usually updated, and it requires you to check for updates constantly. Overall, it is an excellent app to track phone.
- It operates in stealth mode discreetly
- Access real-time GPS routes and locations
- Real-time internet activity monitoring
- Monitors social media
- Monitor call history
- Monitors browsing activity
- It can simultaneously track multiple devices
- It is expensive
- It allows one plan per device
- No real-time update
HoverWatch Cell Phone Tracker App
HoverWatch uses the screenshot-based style of tracking. It is multifunctional for monitoring both phones and laptops. Both parents and employers use it for monitoring.
- Call monitoring
- Remote view of contacts
- SMS and MMS monitoring
- Website and browsing history monitoring
- Access media files
- Aim change alert
- Can record calls
- Can monitor internet history
- You can't install the app remotely. You have to access the device.
KidsGuard Pro Phone Tracker
KidsGuard Pro works with both Android and iPhone. It periodically collects information such as media files, app activities, locations, call logs, and text messages. It is compatible with Android and iOS. It also has the PC version.You can even use the program without permission.
- Location tracking
- remote monitoring
- social media app monitoring
- call and SMS monitoring
- media file access
- Internet monitoring and filtering.
- You can chat live with customer support round the clock
- The performance and functionality are reliable
- It gives real-time GPS location tracking
- It is well adapted for parents monitoring their kids.
- Have a strict refund policy
- The target phone and the PC need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network
Spyic Phone Tracking App
Spyic is not the overall best tracker app, but it has impressive features that make it a good option. It is compatible with both Android and iOS mobile phones.
- Track SMS
- Track location
- Geofence alert
- Social media monitoring
- stealth mode
- simple and user-friendly
- works for both Android and iPhone
- Has several features in all pricing category
- It is expensive
- The basic plans have very few features
- Installing it is a bit difficult
iKeyMonitor Phone Tracker App
iKeyMonitor is a spy/phone tracker app for iPhones, iPad, tablets, and Android phones. It monitors kids', spouses', or employees' phones without them knowing. It is a common app for parents and guardians to monitor kids' online presence and protect them from cyberbullying and online threats.
- Add alert words for detecting cyberbullying and sexual predators
- Improper app blocking
- Set screen and app usage limit
- Geofencing to track whereabouts using GPS
- Logs/records call, keystroke, and visited websites
- Remotely take screenshots of phone activities
- Remotely monitor multimedia files (pictures, photos, video profiles)
- View contacts, email content, and Wi-Fi history
- It is compatible with Android 4.0+, iOS 9-14, Windows 7+, and Mac 10.10+ devices
- It is easy to use
- It monitors text messages, social media messages, and GPS location
- It has a wide range of tracking features
- Multiple users, admin, and languages.
- Although it is easy to use, it is a bit difficult to set up for non-tech users
- It has limited features for its non-jailbroken version
- The add-on features for the non-jailbroken version need separate payments
- Its features for iOS and Android can be confusing to users
Spyzie Cell Phone Tracker
Spyzie is a tracker app that works for Android and iOS devices. It is easy to use. It is common among parents, spouses, and employers for anonymous monitoring.
- Wi-Fi network monitoring
- Social media spying
- Web filter and blocking
- Call and software restriction
- Simple to download and use
- It gives a lot of information
- It can uninstall apps from target phones
- It has a money-back guarantee
- Customer support is poor
- You can only install it on android phones
- It has no free trial
SpyBubble Cell Phone Tracker App
SpyBubble is a cloud-based tracker app compatible with Windows, Android, and iOS. It is user-friendly and hard to detect on the monitored phone.
- SMS and IM chat monitoring
- GPS tracking
- Call and conversation record
- Monitor browser activities
- Keylogging to capture everything typed, including passwords
- It is simple and easy to use
- It has a fast performance
- The app may be visible in the app list unless when used in stealth mode
- iCloud details are required for iOS
- The target device has to be Android
FlexiSpy Phone Tracker App
FlexiSpy is predominantly a parental control app designed to aid parents/guardians in tracking their kids/wards. It has several features and runs on mobile phones, PCs, and tablets.
- Real-time location tracking
- Internet monitoring
- Call and SMS monitoring
- Video and audio call listening
- WhatsApp tracker
- Remote camera capturing
- Key logger
- It is compatible with all android and iOS device
- It has so many advanced features like remote camera monitoring
- It is expensive
- It offers no free or trial version
Part 3. How We Test and Choose the Best Phone Tracker Apps with Google Maps?
Phone tracking is an ideal option to keep a close watch on kids and those related to use. It tracks habits and monitors conversation, social media, and text messages. It also monitors calls.
We have tested many tracker apps and rate the best ten according to the below factors.
Another factor to consider when choosing a tracker app is the features. The essential elements to take note of include location monitoring, restriction setting, browser, social media monitoring, etc.
Also, the age range of the cell phone owner will determine the kind of features to look for in the app. For instance, the tracker used by parents for their kids may not be the same as the tracker husbands use for their wives. The features are different.
As standard with apps, there are always loopholes. These are the cons of the tracker. It is common for apps to be imperfect. But the merit should outweigh the demerit. Otherwise, it is not the best phone tracker app. The most important thing is for the app to operate in stealth mode, where it is invisible on the target phone. If the app doesn't work like this, you should not consider it.
Having an incompatible tracker app is as good as not having one. Not all tracker apps work with all mobile phones. There are those designed specifically for Android, and others are designed for iOS. If you are not sure of the choice to make, go for those compatible with both android and iOS devices.
Using a tracker app should not be rocket science. In other words, the app should be easy to install and use. A difficult-to-use phone tracker app is the same as not using it. Plus, there is the added frustration when the app is not performing as expected. So, if you are choosing the best phone tracker app, consider the user experience.
The App's Performance
If you install an app and pay for a plan, the app should be worth it. If the performance is below expectation, it is not the best option. You need your tracker app to be reliable at all times.
The tracker app you choose should have customer support available round the clock in case of a complaint. You want the issue resolved as quickly as they occur. One of such issues can be from the phone manufacturers. Operating systems are constantly updated, so discreetly tracking the target phone may be difficult. It is where the customer support/tech team comes into play.
These apps come in different price categories. You should consider your budget and the features covered by each plan before buying a license. Because a price category is expensive doesn't mean it offers all the features. It just might be a business or family category. Confirm the price before choosing the app.
Part 4. Should I Use Phone Tracker Without Permission
You can use a phone tracker without permission, but legally, it is not proper to do so. In other words, it is illegal to use a phone tracker for an adult without their permission, especially if you're not their parent or legal guardian.
However, for kids and teenagers, it is different. There are reasons why you'd want to want to use a phone tracker.
For instance, if you're genuinely concerned about a loved one, but they aren't forthcoming about the activities in their life, it is proper to see what they're up to. You'd get updated about their location, online activities, and who they're in contact with.
But if you must use a phone tracker, use one that runs in stealth mode. The target device owner wouldn't know you have it installed on their device.
Using a google phone tracker is considered stalking by some people and can ruin relationships when discovered. For such people, it is not the best idea.
FAQs about Google Map Phone Tracker
- Go to the Google map on your device
- Tap your profile picture at the top right corner for the menus
- Tap "location sharing"
- A list of everyone sharing their location with you will be shown at the bottom of your screen
- Tap the target contact and Google Maps will zoom in on their live location.