[2023 Guide] How to Cast Netflix from Phone to Laptop? Covered in Easy Ways
- Play Netflix from Phone to Laptop with AirDroid Cast
- No compatibility issues.
- No need to install an external device or app on your laptop.
- Play Netflix on any of your mobile phones and screencast it on your laptop.
Netflix is one of the most popular streaming platforms in the world. Millions of people watch a variety of content on Netflix on many different devices, such as smartphones, TVs, laptops, PCs, and tablets. The accessibility of Netflix is a major factor in why it has become so popular, as it allows users to watch their favorite films and shows at any time.
However, there are many instances in which you might not be getting the full immersive watching experience on your mobile phone. In such a situation, you will want to cast Netflix from your phone to the bigger screen of your laptop.
If you are also looking for some of the best ways to cast Netflix from phone to laptop, you are in the perfect place. Keep reading to learn about the top 3 methods you can use to do it.
1Why Cast Netflix From Phone to Laptop?
Casting Netflix from your Android or iOS mobile device to a laptop can be useful in many situations, such as:
Whatever the situation might be, you can use some reliable methods and tools to cast Netflix from your smartphone to your laptop.
23 Easy Methods to Cast Netflix From Phone to Laptop
Following are the top 4 methods you can use to cast Netflix from your smartphone to your laptop.
Using Chromecast to Cast Netflix
Using Chromecast to cast Netflix from your Android or iOS phone to your laptop is a reliable method of enjoying Netflix on your laptop. Chromecast is available for mobile phones with Android 4.4 or higher and iPhone 6 and higher.
It is quite easy to set up. You have to follow these four simple steps:
- Connect your smartphone and laptop to the same Wi-Fi connection and make sure the internet is stable.
- Open and sign in on your Netflix app on your smartphone.
- Click on the Cast icon located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- A list of available devices will appear, including the different Chromecast-enabled TVs and laptops. Select your laptop name from this list.
- Select the movie or show you want to watch, and broadcasting will start quickly on your laptop.
- Enjoy screen mirroring Netflix from your phone to your laptop!
It is quite easy to use Chromecast because it is available on most modern devices. If it's not working, you should make sure that your mobile phone is up-to-date and the network connection is stable.
Nevertheless, there are certain issues associated with Chromecast, such as limited compatibility for all smartphones and frequent disconnection issues if the internet is not stable that will adversely affect the streaming experience. In such a situation, it becomes important to use some other reliable method of casting Netflix from phone to laptop.
Using AirDroid Cast
AirDroid Cast is powerful screencasting and mirroring tool that is available for all major platforms and operating systems, including Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, and all devices that supports a web browser.
You can use AirDroid Cast to mirror the screen of your smartphones and devices, including casting Netflix from your phone to your laptop. A significant benefit of AirDroid Cast is that you won't have to install anything on your receiving screen, which is the laptop in this case.
In order to use AirDroid Cast to cast Netflix from your phone to your laptop, follow these steps:
- Step 1. Download and Install AirDroid Cast on your Smartphone
- Download and install the AirDroid Cast app on your smartphone on which the Netflix app is present. You can download it from the Google Play Store, Apple App Store, or the official download page of AirDroid Cast.
- Step 2. Download AirDroid Cast app on Laptop or Open AirDroid Cast Web on Laptop
- 1. Downloading and installing the AirDroid Cast app on your laptop is highly recommended to cast various types of devices and apps into your laptop whenever you need!
- You can also you the app to cast your laptop screen to other devices such as a TV with a web browser. Hence, installing the AirDroid Cast on your devices is a useful way of screen mirroring different devices, including casting Netflix from your phone to your laptop through the app.
- 2.You don’t have to download the AirDroid Cast app on your laptop as you can open the AirDroid Cast Web on the browser of your laptop. Visit the address webcast.airdroid.com to get a unique QR code and a 9-digit code on your laptop screen.
- Step 3. Start Screen Mirroring
- Scan the QR code on your phone or enter the 9-digits code into the AirDroid Cast App. Provide the relevant permissions, and your mobile screen will be shared on the laptop.
- Step 4. Play Netflix and Enjoy!
- Now that your entire mobile screen is being mirrored on your laptop, you can use it for different purposes, including streaming. Open the Netflix app on your mobile phone and play the movie or series you want to watch on your laptop. Play the video and enjoy Netflix being mirrored from your phone to your laptop via AirDroid Cast Web.
Advantages of Using AirDroid Cast
Using AirDroid Cast is one of the best options to screen mirror your phone to another device like your laptop to enjoy streaming. Its unique and efficient features provide the following benefits:
Unlike Chromecast and several other third-party screens mirroring apps, there are no compatibility issues in AirDroid Cast. It is available for all types of devices, and you can mirror Netflix from your phone to any device that has a web browser via AirDroid Cast Web.
The quality of the audio and video play an integral role in casting Netflix from phone to laptop. AirDroid Cast is useful in screen mirroring in real-time with minimum to no screen latency. As a result, you are able to enjoy high-quality streaming.
AirDroid Cast uses a unique and secure casting code through which you are able to enjoy movies and series on Netflix without any external disturbance and security issues.
Unlike the several other methods of casting Netflix from phone to laptop, AirDroid Cast is very quick and easy to set up.
Enjoy Streaming and Other Functions:
AirDroid Cast Web is a useful tool to screen mirror your phone to a laptop or TV for many other purposes other than Netflix streaming. Therefore, you can use it to hold meetings, play games, see pictures, and many other purposes.
Using Netflix Mobile Plan
Another method of mirroring Netflix from a phone to a laptop is through the Netflix Mobile Plan. Compared to the other methods, it is a complicated and technical process to cast Netflix from a phone to a laptop.
Keep in mind that only those users who have subscribed to the Netflix Mobile Plan can use this method. As a result, the reach of this method is limited. It requires you to download the Scrcpy software. It is a screen mirroring software through which you can control your phone’s screen from a system operating on Windows, macOS, or Linux.
First of all, download ADB and Scrcpy on your laptop, extract them, and follow these steps to cast Netflix from your phone to your laptop using the Netflix Mobile Plan.
- Open Settings on your Phone and choose About Phone / Device.
- Tap on the Build Number about six to nine times to open the developer mode.
- Scroll through the list to find Developer Options.
- Enable USB Debugging.
Once the USB debugging has been enabled on your smartphone, you have to follow these steps on your laptop to start casting Netflix:
- Initiate the ADB setup and make sure it’s not giving any type of error.
- Connect your phone to your laptop via a USB cable.
- Select FTP mode.
- Start Scrcpy software on your laptop.
- The screen of your phone will start appearing on your laptop.
- Open the Netflix app on your phone and start watching the content on your laptop.
3Bonus – How to Cast Netflix from Phone to TV?
Other than casting Netflix from your smartphone to your laptop, it is possible that you might want to cast Netflix on an even bigger screen of your TV. It is also possible with the help of AirDroid Cast Web as long as your TV has a web browser and stable internet connection.
All you have to do is follow these four simple steps:
- Download and install the AirDroid Cast app on your Android or iOS device.
- Type the address
webcast.airdroid.com into the web browser of your TV. A QR code will be displayed on your TV screen.
- Scan the QR code on the AirDroid Cast app on your smartphone. If the QR code is not working for some reason, you can also enter the 9-digits code located below the QR code.
- Your mobile will now be mirrored to your TV browser. You can open Netflix on your mobile phone and start streaming any movie or show on your phone while casting Netflix on your smart TV.
4Final Take & FAQs about Casting Netflix From Phone to Laptop
There are clearly multiple ways of casting Netflix from your Android or iPhone device to your laptop. If you follow the detailed steps discussed above, you should have no issue in successfully casting Netflix on your laptop.
You can try these different methods to choose the one that suits you, but generally, you will find using AirDroid Cast to be the best option. It is quite easy to set up and enjoy streaming Netflix from phone to laptop with no screen latency.
As a result, your streaming experience will not be adversely affected. Moreover, you can use AirDroid Cast to mirror other apps from your phone to your laptop to fulfill other screen mirroring and casting requirements as well.
Leave a Reply.