How to Fix Xbox Remote Play Not Working - Easy & Fast
- Part 1: What Is Xbox Remote Play?
- Part 2: Why Is Xbox Remote Play Not Working?
- Part 3: Common Xbox Remote Play Not Working Issues
- Part 4: How to Fix Xbox Remote Play Not Working?
- Part 5: Alternative Method to Stream Game Play to Another Device
- Part 6: People Also Ask about Xbox Remote Play Not Working
- Part 7: Conclusion
What Is Xbox Remote Play?
Are you wondering what Xbox Remote Play is? Xbox Remote Play is a feature provided by Xbox. With Remote Play on Xbox, people can take control of the game from the Xbox console to another supported device, such as PC or mobile phone.
This is a significant feature, and people love it. However, Xbox Remote Play is not working properly sometimes; why and how to fix it? Keep on reading!
Why Is Xbox Remote Play Not Working?
If you think the issue of 'Xbox Remote Play not working' requires a replacement, hold on a second. Think of possible reasons why Xbox remote play may not be working. Several factors may lead to this problem and may be fixed with simple troubleshooting. Identifying the real problem makes it easier for Xbox owners to troubleshoot with the relevant solution.
- Your Xbox is an old model.
- There is no access to the Xbox server.
- A connection issue with the Internet.
- Configuration mistakes making Xbox remote play stop
- Xbox has glitches, leading to problems with Xbox remote play.
Common Xbox Remote Play Not Working Issues
Remote play not working on Xbox is one of the most common issues players worldwide face. And some commonly-seen Xbox Remote Play not working issues include:
Xbox Remote Play Controller Not Working: Xbox players would find the controller stops working while playing games remotely, and it doesn't respond while you pressing the controller buttons.
Xbox Remote Play Black Screen: This is another common issue people have run into. All you see on your remote play device is a black screen, and you have no idea what to do.
Xbox Remote Play Try Again In a While: You may also see the "Try again in a while" error while trying to remote play Xbox games on your device, and it keeps popping up the error no matter how many times you have tried.
Xbox Remote Play Cannot Connect To Console: You will find it cannot connect to the console while you are remotely playing games from the remote devices, and there is no way to get any response from the console.
How to Fix Xbox Remote Play Not Working?
Although there are several common issues while Xbox Remote Play is not working, there are possible solutions for these issues. Don't panic. We have assembled the possible methods below. You can troubleshoot and give them a try.
Fix 1: Check Your System Requirements
When you find your Xbox Remote Play is not working, one of the important things is to check your system requirement. If your devices and situation don’t meet the minimal requirements for Xbox Remote Play, it won’t work for you.
The Xbox Remote Play requirements are as follows:
You will need Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One console, a remote play device such as Android 6.0+, iOS 10+, and Windows 10/11, an Xbox controller, an Xbox app, an MS account, and an Internet connection (10 MBps).
You should check your specific Xbox model and all the necessary elements.
If there’s a system requirement problem, you need to fix it accordingly in order to make it working.
Fix 2: Make Sure Use the Same Account
To enjoy the Xbox Remote Play feature, you will need to sign in to the same MS account on your Xbox and on your remote play device (such as PC, Android, or iOS).
You should check the login credentials by going to your Xbox profile on your Xbox console and the Xbox app on your remote-play device. Ensure to double check the current ID signed in and see if they are the same account.
This shouldn't be an issue if they are on the same account. Try the next method.
Fix 3: Check Your Network Connection
One of the possible reasons for Xbox Remote app Play not working is the network connections, as the remote play features relies on the Internet connection.
- Some Xbox remote play features may not be available with a bad network connection.
- Check the Xbox’s current network status and see if you have a stable network.
- Troubleshoot your internet connection and reconnect the Xbox console to it.
- You can also disconnect and reconnect your Xbox console to the internet to ensure a stable internet connection.
Fix 4: Check the Xbox Server Status
Another possible reason why your Xbox remote play is not working is that the Xbox remote play service is outraged. It is a server issue, and users can not do anything on their side. So wait until Xbox resolves the issue.
You can go to the official Xbox live status page, then click Cloud gaming & remote play to see if it works. If you see the service is UP AND RUNNING, then it means everything is okay on the server end; otherwise, you will need to wait until the service is fixed and running properly.
However, if the Xbox server has been down or unavailable for too long, please try to contact the Microsoft support.
Fix 5: Restart Your Devices
Fixing the Xbox remote play unavailability sometimes only needs restarting the device. And this always works like magic sometimes.
You can close all current games/programs running on the Xbox console and access the power button. Select the restart device option and wait for the device to start again. Then try to set up the Xbox Remote Play and see if it works.
Fix 6: Re-Enable Remote Play on Xbox
If you find your Xbox remote play still doesn’t work after troubleshooting the above guide, then try to disable and enable the Remote Play feature.
- Step 1.On your Xbox console, press the Xbox button on your Xbox controller and go to "Profile & settings".
- Step 2.Press Settings > Devices & connections.
- Step 3. There you will see "Remote features". Find the "Enable Remote features" option and disable it.
- Step 4. Then try to enable it again.
The Xbox Remote Play feature starts working after this step.
Fix 7: Change Xbox Power Setting To Sleep Mode
Generally, when you try Xbox Remote Play, you are away from home or your Xbox console, and in this case, your Xbox console could automatically shut down after inactivity. Therefore, you can’t use the Remote Play feature because the Xbox console shuts down, while it has to be ON for Remote Play.
So how do you fix this to get Xbox Remote Play working again? Check these steps:
- Step 1.Press the Xbox button on your Xbox controller, and go to "Profile & settings".
- Step 2.Press and go to Settings > General > Power Options.
- Step 3.You will see the "Shutdown (energy saving)" mode is selected by default. Switch it to "Sleep mode" and save your changes.
Now your Xbox console won’t shut down automatically, and it will automatically go to sleep mode, allowing you to enjoy the Xbox Remote Play feature.
Fix 8: Change NAT Type to Open
The NAT Type is another key factor to check when Xbox Remote Play is not working. How to change NAT Type on Xbox? Follow these steps:
- Step 1.Press the Xbox button on your Xbox controller, and then go to the "Profile & settings" tab.
- Step 2.Go to General > Network Settings. On this page, you will see the current NAT Type, and usually it shows "Moderate" or "Strict".
- Step 3.Then head to "Test NAT type". And let Xbox checks your network and see if this would change your NAT type or not.
If not, then you should enable UPnP settings for your network. UPnP allows the applications that are using your network to forward ports automatically. Doing so will change the NAT type on Xbox.
- Step 1.You will need to log into the router admin page on your web browser.
- Step 2.On the router log in page, go to Advanced settings and find something like "NAT Forwarding".
- Step 3.Find "UPnP" and enable this setting.
- Step 4.Now go back to Xbox Settings > General > Network Settings, and press "Test NAT type". And this time the NAT type would be changed to "Open".
Fix 9: Reset Network Settings on Xbox
Sometimes it is the network itself that causes the Xbox Remote Play not to work. So you can reset the network settings on Xbox to fix it. You can force shut down the Xbox console, wait for a while, and power it on. Or you can clear the MAC address to do that:
- Step 1.On Xbox, go to System and Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings.
- Step 2.Choose "Alternate MAC Address".
- Step 3. Select "Clear".
- Step 4.Restart your console and see if your problem has been resolved.
Fix 10: Update the Software
Software issues often prevent Xbox consoles from connecting to the Remote play option. So check your Xbox console for possible software updates you still haven’t received. Updating the software resolves possible glitches within the Xbox console.
- Step 1.Go to Xbox button and choose "Profile & system".
- Step 2.Press Settings > System > Updates & downloads.
- Step 3.Choose 'Update console". If you see "Update console", then press and update it.
After updating, try Xbox Remote Play and see if it works now.
Fix 11: Try Remote Play on Another Device or Try Game Cloud
- Try the Xbox remote play option on another device if any of these solutions don’t work.
- Power up the device of your choice and sign in to your official Xbox user account.
- Access the Xbox remote play option from your chosen device and use it.
If you’ve tried all these solutions, but the remote play is not working, and Xbox continues displaying, you need alternative options. Try the following part.
Alternative Method to Stream Game Play to Another Device
AirDroid Cast allows players to stream their gameplay onto another device, which is convenient. For example, you can stream your gameplay from Android, iOS to PC or TV, or your can stream your gameplay from your PC/phone screen to Xbox console.
It’s a good option for players repeatedly dealing with the remote play not working Xbox error. The users can conveniently switch their devices without worrying about the remote play option.
- Step 1.Download and install AirDroid Cast on the device that you would like to stream from. For example, if you would like to stream gameplay from PC to Xbox, then download the app on your PC.
- Step 2.On the device that you would like to stream to, open a web browser and go to webcast.airdroid.com. You will see a QR code or 9 digit code on the browser.
- Step 3.For example, if you would like to stream to your Xbox console, then go to the Home page of Xbox, go to My games and apps > Apps > Microsoft Edge, and launch the browser and type webcast.airdroid.com in the search bar.
- Step 4.Now back to AirDroid Cast app on the device that you would like to stream from, and then enter the 9 digit code from the browser.
- Step 5.Start casting and accept the requests.
Now you can cast the game from Android/iOS to PC, from Android/iOS to Xbox, or from PC to Xbox.
People Also Ask about Xbox Remote Play Not Working
Xbox remote play is an excellent option for players that want maximum control over their Xbox consoles. It would be annoying if Xbox Remote Play is not working. But you can follow the troubleshooting guide we have described above in this article to get it resolved.
Fortunately, when Xbox Remote Play is not working, you can still try to stream your gameplay from one device to another to share it with your friends! AirDroid Cast lets you screen share your gameplay from mobile phone to PC or from PC to Xbox console.
Leave a Reply.