No, you may use a Chromecast device to show a Chrome tab or your full Screen on your TV. But Chrome does not support showing tabs or screens on iOS devices.
[Solved] How to Cast iPhone to Chromecast?
iOS users often get confused when the Apple TV play gets too expensive. But, Google decided to launch its Chromecast, which helps you cast iPhone to Chromecast easily without any hassle.
It's a streaming device that wirelessly connects your smart-phone, tablet, or computer to a high-definition monitor. You can turn your monitor or TV into a smart device that connects to all of your phone or computer's apps if it has an HDMI port (which practically every TV screen nowadays does).
- Part 1 :Why Can't My iPhone Connect to Chromecast Directly?
- Part 2 :How to Cast iPhone to ChromeCast Free?
- Part 3 :Practical Ways to Cast iPhone to Chromecast with Mirroring Apps
- Part 4 :Is ChromeCast Better than Roku?
- Part 5 :How to Cast iPhone to ChromeCast without Wi-Fi?
- Part 6 :Extra Tips: How to Reset ChromeCast?
- Part 7 :Bonus: How to Mirror iPhone to Computer?
- Part 8 :FAQs about iPhone to ChromeCast
Part 1. Why Can't My iPhone Connect to Chromecast Directly?
Usually, there are several issues that Chromecast may encounter while cast iPhone to Chromecast. The reason why you probably can’t cast your iPhone to your Chromecast is due to network issues.
There are two different UIs in action here, so one of the most convenient ways for them to connect with one another is through the same network. Another issue might be in your phone’s settings, so you should take a look there as well. This may become tricky, but don't worry; we're here to guide you!
Part 2. How to Cast iPhone to Chromecast Free?
1. Cast iPhone to Chromecast with Google Home
- To begin, make sure your Chromecast is connected to Google Home. Look for your Chromecast on your primary Screen after you've connected it to Google Home.
- In the Google Home app, link your app accounts to your Google account if necessary. Tap + (Plus) > Videos > Hulu > Link > enter your log-in credentials > and click Link Account to set up Hulu casting, for example:
- If you don't already have it, download and open the needed app on your iPhone. Link your account and set your username and password.
- Tap the Cast symbol once you've chosen a show or movie to watch (Note that certain apps, like Hulu, enable you to select your Chromecast before playing a video. Next to your profile symbol, look for the Cast button.
- Select your Chromecast device from the drop-down option to begin casting.
- To stop casting to Chromecast, tap the Cast icon and select Disconnect to return to this list.
2. Why isn't my phone finding my Chromecast?
If your Chromecast and your iPhone are both launched and ready to be cast with one another, there should be no issue. However, on how to cast an iPhone to Chromecast, there are several issues you may face.
If Chromecast isn't detecting your phone, there is a possibility that your connection is not allowing you to cast iPhone to Chromecast. Under such circumstances, check whether your device can connect to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network.
This is essential for Chromecast to be recognized by Google Home. Install Google Home on a new mobile device and try the setup again if your device doesn't support it.
Part 3. Practical Ways to Cast iPhone to Chromecast with Mirroring Apps
What You Need to Know About Mirroring Apps
There are certainly practical applications that enable you to cast your iPhone to Chromecast. Using Chromecast with iPhone gives users multiple benefits, including sharing their Screen easily and controlling the displayed contents.
When it comes to casting an iPhone, there are certain mirroring apps that you can use for your benefit. How to cast an iPhone to Chromecast without Wi-Fi? That is also done by using mirroring apps discussed below:
A screen mirroring app enables you to easily cast your iPhone or Android device on the other Screen, such as a television or a PC. What determines how good a certain casting app is? That depends on its features, UI, and other elements.
Below we have discussed a few mirroring apps for you and how they may help you connect your devices to a bigger screen.
1. Chromecast Streamer App
It is the default application for most casting applications for Android. This is how you connect using the Streamer App:
- Install the Chromecast Streamer app on your iPhone by going to the App Store and searching for it. It is completely free to download and use for the first week; after that, you will be required to subscribe.
- Allow Chromecast Streamer to automatically discover and connect to devices on your local network as needed, as described above.
- Check to ensure that your iPhone and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Your Chromecast should now show the name you assigned to it in the list. After touching it, select "Connect" from the drop-down menu. If everything goes well, you should be able to quit the app and use your iPhone as usual with the Screen mirrored to your TV.
2. Reflector App
Reflector app is one of the most profound apps to cast iPhone to Chromecast free. This is how you do it:
- The Reflector is a free computer tool that you may download and install. For both Mac OS X and Windows, a screen-mirroring program.
- Assign your PC and iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network access point.
- On your iPhone, open the Control Center app. Depending on the device you're using, you may do this in one of two ways:
- If you have an iPhone 8 or older, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. If you have an iPhone X or later, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down option, choose "Screen Mirroring”.
- Go through the list of possible receivers to find the location where you want to reflect your Screen. If you're using Reflector, the name of your machine will appear here.
- It's as simple as that! Without any additional equipment, you can now wirelessly screen mirror your smartphone with iOS.
iWebTV is a well-known casting application. Using a multimedia device like Chromecast allows your TV and iPhone to work together. Roku, Apple TV, and Fire TV are three of the most popular streaming devices.
- On your iPhone or iPad, download and open the iWebTV app. looking for your favorite video website.
- To begin mirroring, select "Cast TV" from the menu.
- Once you have selected the cast tv option, you can select the available devices for connection.
- Select your iPhone as the connecting device. There you go; now you're connected and can easily cast your videos on it.
Part 4. Is Chromecast Better Than Roku?
Chromecast and Roku are now more competitive than they've ever been. Chromecast with Google TV adds a standard streaming service and remote control to Chromecast Ultra's top-of-the-line features. In contrast, the new Roku Ultra 2020 adds Dolby Vision, Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 streaming, and other OS upgrades.
Casting is just as simple as Bluetooth, Google TV, and Roku's Channels for the most popular platforms are almost identical. Having a built-in voice assistant is always preferable to buying a separate smart speaker only to utilize voice commands.
Roku's stronger interoperability with Apple's technology and Roku's remote control will appeal to Apple users, but Chromecast with Google TV's pricing for 4K video is unmatched.
Part 5. How to Cast iPhone to Chromecast without Wi-Fi?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news; there is no simple way to mirror the iPhone to Chromecast free without Wi-Fi. It does require a connection on which both the devices are connected. This is a local network that helps both devices communicate.
For Android users, it's relatively easier to connect to Chromecast without Wi-Fi since it's based upon the same technology ecosystem. Thus, it becomes difficult for iOS users to manipulate their use with such foreign ecological devices.
However, a way that works for most iPhone users is by using a Travel Router. Chromecast may be used without Wi-Fi on an iPhone or iPad. Those with an iPhone or iPad may use a Travel Router to connect to the Chromecast smart TV without using Wi-Fi.
You do not need to connect to the Internet to mirror your smart TV screen since it does not require Wi-Fi or an internet connection. It doesn't work with Apple devices, and Miracast doesn't work with Android phones. With an HDMI cable, you may get the same results.
Chromecast cannot be mirrored on iOS devices; therefore, users must use another device. Your iPhone must be online simultaneously with your Chromecast to reflect its Screen.
Part 6. Extra Tips: How to Reset Chromecast?
We hope you might never need this, but there is an efficient way that will help you reset your Chromecast and allow you to connect to it again. This can be done by following this procedure to factory reset your Chromecast:
Resetting from Google Home:
Part 7. Bonus: How to Cast Your iPhone to PC/Mac?
The major benefit of casting your phone on PC is that you can easily browse through the Internet, go through your pictures or cast videos on your PC.
Android Cast is one of the most efficient and feature applications for web video casting iPhone on your PC since it allows you to cast phones using different methods.
However, if you're looking for a better gaming experience using casting, it's preferred using a data cable since data transmission is much faster than Wi-Fi or Screen Mirroring.
How to cast your iPhone to PC/Mac via AirDroid Cast?
- Step 1.Download and install AirDroid Cast
- Click “Try It Free” button below or go to official website to download AirDroid Cast on both of your iPhone and PC/Mac.
- Step 2.Connection both devices
- Open AirDroid Cast on both your devices. You can finish connection within 2 minutes. There are 3 connection methods are provided to iOS users.
AirPlay connection: Connect your iOS device and computer to the same Wi-Fi network . On your iOS device, Go Control Center and tap Screen Mirroring, then select device which named with AirDroid Cast - xxx.
USB cable: Click your iOS device on the Available device list, if the pop-up window "Trust This Computer" shows up on your iOS device, tap the “Trust”.
Wireless or Remote connection: Input the 9 Cast Code shown on your computer or use the iOS device to scan the QR code shown on your computer, and the cast request will send automatically. You need to follow the instruction to finish some setting.
- Step 3.Start Mirroring
- Now you can enjoy your mirroring trip. View your iPhone screen and even control your iPhone on Airroid Cast.
To Sum It Up
Casting an iPhone without using the ecosystem can be a bit frustrating. But if you follow our simple procedures and consider our guidelines, we will be able to give you the best available applications to cast your iPhone on TV.
AirDroid Cast is the best available option to cast your iPhone on your PC without hassle. With three different connectivity methods, you can easily connect your phone using Airdroid Cast and cast it easily.
Part 8. FAQs about iPhone to ChromeCast
Yes, when using Airplay, you can cast your phone screen on the TV and display different contents.
Leave a Reply.