What Is Smart Switch App For Android? Best Alternatives Of Smart Switch
Smart Switch app Android is a utility of Samsung available on the newer Samsung Galaxy phones. The company has introduced an app for users to facilitate phone switching. When you purchase a new Samsung Galaxy phone, you can easily use Smart Switch to transfer data from your old phone to your new phone.
However, many people like the idea of convenient data transfer but are looking for Smart Switch alternatives. We have come up with the best alternatives for Smart Switch for Android users, iOS users, and macOS users. So let’s get into it.
- Part 1 : What Is Smart Switch App On Android? What Does Smart Switch Do?
- Part 2 : Is Smart Switch Only For Samsung? Can Smart Switch Transfer From Samsung to iPhone?
- Part 3 : Review Of Smart Switch
- Part 4 : How Do You Choose The Best Smart Switch Alternative: Full Comparison
- Part 5 : Best Alternative To Smart Switch
- Part 6 : Hotted FAQs about Smart Switch
What Is Smart Switch App On Android? What Does Smart Switch Do?
As mentioned earlier, Smart Switch for Android is a dedicated data transfer app Samsung has developed to facilitate Samsung users. Whether you want to switch from Android to Samsung, Samsung to Samsung, or iOS to Samsung, the Smart Switch app enables seamless data transfer. You can install Smart Switch and transfer data across devices if you have an Android device with Android version 4.0 or above.
When it comes to what Smart Switch does, here are the main features of the app:
Key features of Smart Switch App
- Smart Switch is a data transfer app that can be used to transfer content like apps, contacts, messages, call logs, photos, videos, calendars, device settings, documents, etc.
- You can create a backup of your Android, tablets, PC, etc., and restore it on your Samsung devices.
- Smart Switch app is available on Android as well as PC. You can transfer data across mobile phones using the Android version. The desktop application allows you to create backup files and restore data.
- You can transfer data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy, Android to Samsung Galaxy, and Samsung to Samsung.
- If you are moving data from iPhone to Samsung, you can avail of the iCloud transfer feature.
Is Smart Switch Only For Samsung? Can Smart Switch Transfer From Samsung To iPhone?
When users know Smart Switch for Samsung, a question arises if such a features-enriched tool is only available for Samsung devices. Can Smart Switch transfer from Samsung to iPhone for iOS users?
When you know what Smart Switch is on Samsung, let’s answer the next questions.
- Smart Switch app for Android can be installed on any mobile device until and unless it is running on Android version 4.0 or above. It is okay to install the app on any Android device for data transfer until the target device is Samsung Galaxy.
- As far as iPhone users are concerned, you can use the Smart Switch app to transfer from iPhone to Samsung, but it doesn’t work the other way around. You can create a backup of your Samsung and restore it on your iPhone using your PC. But Smart Switch app Android can not directly transfer data from Samsung to iPhone.
Review Of Smart Switch
You know everything about the Smart Switch mobile transfer app; let’s discuss the likes and dislikes of Smart Switch.
What Do We like?
- No Size Limit –There is no size limit when you are transferring data to or from a Samsung device using the Smart Switch app. Therefore, it is a perfect app for transferring bulk data.
- Free App For Data Transfer –You can install the Smart Switch Android app on any device for free. There are no charges for transferring data across devices using Smart Switch.
- Transfer All Content Formats –Smart Switch app for Samsung can be used to transfer all content formats. Smart Switch is a perfect app for Samsung users if you want to transfer photos, documents, music, audio, calendar, notes, or device settings.
- Internet Connection Is Not Required –You do not need any WiFi or internet connection to transfer data with the Smart Switch app for Android.
- User-Friendly Interface –It has a user-friendly interface with on-screen instructions to complete the data transfer, unlike complicated data transfer tools.
What Don’t We Like?
Although there are too many good things to count about the Smart Switch Android app, there are a few cons of Smart Switch as well:
- Data Backup is Not Available During the Transfer –When you are transferring data using the Smart Switch app for Android, the app does not create a backup for any emergency breakdown or failed transfers.
- Glitches Can Disturb The Process –If your phones are not too close, glitches can disturb the transfer. The phone’s connectivity to WiFi can also trigger malfunctioning when transferring data.
- Speed –Although a good app for bulk data transfer, the speed can be slower when phones are not too close. You can expect a good device when transferring data via a USB cable. However, the wireless transfer is a lot slower than expected.
- Data Transfer Not Available For All Devices – Although you can transfer apps and data from any device to the Samsung app, data is only transferred when both the sender and receiver are Samsung devices.
- Only Targets Samsung Devices –You can only send data on a Samsung Galaxy device.
- Technical Limitations –You must meet the technical requirements on Android, iOS, and macOS, to be able to install and use Smart Switch for data transfer.
How Do You Choose The Best Smart Switch Alternative: Full Comparison
Here is the full comparison of the best Smart Switch alternatives available based on the features, pricing, supported OS, etc.:
|Features||MTP Mode||Folder Transfer||Media Transfer||File Transfer||File Backup||File Management||Device Compatibility||Price|
|AirDroid Personal||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, Web||Free|
|Android File Transfer||✓||✗||✓||✓||✓||✓||Android, macOS||Free|
|MacDroid||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||Android, macOS||$1.67 per month|
|Android File Transfer||✓||✗||✓||✓||✓||✓||Windows, Android||$39.99 per year|
|Android File Transfer||✓||✗||✓||✓||✗||✗||Android, iOS, macOS||Free|
Best Alternative To Smart Switch
We have already compared the best Smart Switch app for Android alternatives. Here we have listed the best alternatives you can consider when transferring data across different devices:
AirDroid Personal is a go-to file transfer and management app with vast compatibility across operating systems and devices. Whether you want to transfer data from Android to iOS or vice versa, transfer data across PCs, or from PC to mobile, AirDroid Personal has all capabilities to do it.
You can transfer multimedia, apps, documents, music, text, and other content formats via AirDroid Personal. The main features of AirDroid Personal are as follows:
- Transfer all types of content, be it multimedia or documents
- Multiple devices and operating systems support are available.
- No limitations due to network connections
- Hyper-fast file transferring at a speed of 20 MB/s
- Lossless transfer across all types of devices
- More than a file management and transfer app; remote access, mirroring, remote camera, notification & SMS management
2Android File Transfer
Android File Transfer is an app by Google that enables data and file transfer from Android to PC or vice versa. The main purpose of Android File Transfer is to enable data transfer between macOS and Android. There was a gap due to limited apps to bridge the connection between Android and macOS. Android File Transfer has bridged the gap, and you can easily transfer multimedia files, documents, and other formats between Android and Mac computers/laptops.
MacDroid is similar to Android File Transfer as it is also an app that enables data transfer across Android devices and macOS. The main difference between MacDroid and Android File Transfer is that the former is not free and offers some additional features. Unlike most Smart Switch for Android apps, MacDroid allows folder transfer from macOS to Android and vice versa. The monthly fee for MacDroid is $1.67.
MobileTrans by Wondershare is a similar tool to AirDroid Personal and can be capitalized as a file transfer and management across Android and Windows. Whether you want to transfer data from Android to PC or vice versa, iPhone to iPhone, and Android to Android, MobileTrans offers you several features. However, it is not a free app, and you must pay an annual subscription fee of $39.99. Unlike Smart Switch, MobileTrans requires the newer Android and iOS. Your devices must be running on Android 9.0 or iOS 13, respectively.
Last but not least, Syncmate is also an alternative to the Smart Switch app for Android. Although very limited capabilities as compared to other alternatives, the app has a freemium version. You can subscribe to paid version according to your needs. You can transfer apps, messages, music, videos, images, documents, calendars, etc., with Syncmate. If we talk about OS compatibility, SyncMate is available on Android, macOS, and iOS.