- Works on rooted and non-rooted devices
- Data security and integrity is the most honoured aspect of AirDroid Personal
- Multiple device support from a single point
- Easy to set up without USB, coding, etc
- Remote camera, remote keyboards, screen mirroring, etc. from mobile to mobile
- Remote access allows calling, messaging, and voice chatting from the desktop using the internet connection
2023 Ultimate Guide on Android Remote Control
- Best Android Remote Control Software- AirDroid Personal
- Remote control any Android devices from PC/Web without root
- Mirror Android phone screens wirelessly
- Transfer kinds of files between Android, iOS, web, PC
- Manage Mobile SMS & notification on computer
- What is the Remote Control on Android?
- What is the Best Android Remote Control Software for You?
- Top 8 Best Android Remote Control App
- Comparison Between Best 8 Remote Control Tools
- How do You Benefit from Android Remote Control Software?
- Remote Control Android from PC
- Remote Control Android from the Web
- Remote Control Android from Another Android
- Remote Control PC from Android Phone
What is the Remote Control on Android?
It is called remote control when an individual or team chooses to control an Android device from another device, such as a PC, Laptop, Android, iOS, tablet, etc. There can be different functions that you can perform using the remote control apps available in the market. Remote controlling can't be done randomly, but proper permission from the Android owner is required to use the Android phone for remote assistance, creating backups, screen mirroring, etc.
What is the Best Android Remote Control Software for You?
When you are looking for a solution to remotely control an Android phone from another phone or device, compatibility is one of the biggest challenges. And if a solution is compatible with all operating systems, you might not have free access, or it might not be on your budget. In short, you have to ensure that the tool you select is compatible with all devices before you go for it.
Versatility is yet another thing to look for in the best remote access apps and tools. The application you are choosing must provide multiple device support because the need for remote access can arise for any device, from an Android phone to a tablet, PC, and even web. You should ensure you are not stuck with a basic tool that does not support certain file types or devices.
When you are using a tool for recovering your data or providing remote support to a friend or family member, the security and integrity of your data are also very important. Unfortunately, most remote access is secretly intruding into your privacy or accessing sensitive data. Therefore, ensure that the solution you pot has a centralized system for storing sensitive data that is free from any risk of a data breach.
Whether you want to transfer files from one device to another, want to recover data from your old phone, or want remote management access to any device, you need a features-enriched tool. The basic criteria to go after any remote access tool or software is an all-in-one tool that fulfils all kinds of needs. The features you have to look at include the speed of scanning, important tool highlights, performance, user interface, price, ease to use, etc.
Android remote control app performance cannot be ignored in any way. It relates to the previous point of features we discussed. Speed of scanning data, easy access to devices, multiple device support, fluency to provide a solution for different problems, etc., are the main factors that are factored in when assessing the performance of any remote control and remote access app or software.
Of course, price is one of the major factors when you are choosing the right solution to solve your problem. If you want a remote mouse Android for personal use, why will you go for a premium tool like Anydesk? Therefore, comparison of price to value you will get is also an important consideration for a remote access tool or app.
User experience, user interface, simple steps, etc., are the factors counted when deciding if an app or software is user-friendly or not. A consumer can turn down software with the best features and support if he doesn't feel comfortable while navigating. And an app can be a deal maker just because of simple steps and an engaging user interface. Therefore, a balance of functionality and user experience is required to make a solution user-friendly.
Top 8 Best Android Remote Control App
Here is the list of 8 best Android remote control apps for different users and purposes. We will review each one of these with pros and cons. So let's get into it.
1. AirDroid Personal – Best Overall Option
Let's start with the best overall option.
AirDroid Personal is a remote access app that lets you remotely control your Android from a PC or access your PC from your Android phone. The best highlights of the app are the easy setup, support for non-root devices, wireless and secure connection, and multiple device support.
You can also try AirDroid Web to access your devices using the internet. The solution, as well, is safe and free to use.
Price: AirDroid Personal has different pricing tiers with a free version or 3.99/month. If you choose quarterly or yearly packages, the price is reduced by a considerable amount.
Support: Android, Mac OS, Windows, and Web
Whether it's about price, performance, compatibility, or versatility, AirDroid Personal is an all-rounder. For more advanced uses, you can opt the AirDroid Business, which will fulfill all needs of your bigger teams with higher data limits.
2. Anydesk – Security Focused
Anydesk is a very popular cloud-based remote access software and Android remote control app that most businesses and IT startups prefer. Anydesk is often used by high-end users having complicated needs and accessibility requirements. The cloud-based tool is available on different operating systems from Android to iOS, Windows to macOS, and even Linux.
You can share desktops, control your smartphones, and perform different tasks like remote printing, device management, data transfer, etc. The tool is also a winner from the administration and customization features available.
- Free for personal use
- Cloud-based software is best from a security perspective
- No time restriction like many remote access tools
- User-friendly and responsive interface
- No signup or personal log is required
- Price is on the higher side for the business users
- Copy-paste feature is not very effective
- Android remote control suffer through resolution adjustment
Support: Android, Mac OS, iOS, FreeBSD, Windows, and Linux
Editor's Review: Anydesk can be used as an Android remote control app if security is your prime concern. Besides, you can try the tool for ease of use, reliability, and safe communication during remote access.
Price: Free with paid versions for $79-$229 per year/
3. Teamviewer – Free For Personal
Teamviewer is also remote access software that is used for desktop access, Android remote control, and data transferring across different devices. Although enriched with many features, the software setup process can be complicated and a deal breaker.
The software's main features include file transfer, security of data and devices, intuitive gestures to enhance user experience, real-time audio/video transmission, and easy controls across all devices.
- High-performance with so many features
- End-to-end security with real-time audio/video
- An extended period of screen recording and screen sharing
- Multiple device synchronization
- Many advanced features are lacking in the free version
- Complicated setup and connection of the device
- Image quality is not up to expectations
Support: macOS, Windows, Chrome OS, Android, Linux, iOS
Editor's Review: Teamviewer for Android remote control is something you can go after if you prefer a solution that has a lot of features and is free for personal use. However, you must be okay with the complicated setup of the software before you start collaborating with your friends and family over Teamviewer.
Price: Free for personal use and pricing starting from $50.90 per month to $610.80/year for advanced users.
4. Vysor – Chrome App Supported
Vysor is for those users who want a simplistic user interface with easy procedures for Android remote control access. Vysor is also a software having screen mirroring of Android phones on Desktops via Chrome browser. We must applaud Vysor as a performance-driven, feature-enriched, and versatile app. You can connect wirelessly or using a USB data cable.
- User-friendly interface
- Fast scanning, connection, and functioning
- Mirror Android screen on Desktop via Chrome browser
- Not a free Bluetooth remote control app for Android
- High-resolution, screen recording, wireless access, and full-screen mode are available in paid version only
- In-app ads in the free version
Support: Android, iOS, Linux, Mac, Windows, Google Chrome
Editor's Review: Vysor is a great app to remotely access Android from a PC or laptop using the Chrome web browser. However, it would be great if the company had taken the initiative to provide useful features for the free version.
Price: For personal use, it can be $40 for a lifetime or $10 per year. Enterprise solutions costs are calculated according to the team size and needs.
5. Scrcpy – Best Open Source
Scrcpy is an Android remote control and access application that is based on an open-source platform. The screen mirroring app allows you to remotely access your Android from a PC or desktop. You can use Scrcpy on multiple devices to open applications on remote Android, share files, and a lot more.
- Open-source software is secure, encrypted, and light on your system
- Easy setup for screen mirroring and file sharing
- Fast performance due to open-source platform and low latency rate
- Free to use
- Sophisticated setup and installation
- Hard to get authenticated copy of the software
- Audio forwarding is not available in Scrcpy
Support: Windows, Linux, macOS
Editor's Review: Scrcpy is an open-source tool that doesn't require any rooting of devices and can be used for free. However, you must consider the fact that it can be overwhelming for beginners to fully understand and follow the instructions for setting up Scrcpy to access files
Price: Free to use
6. ApowerMirror – Best For Mobile Gaming Control
Apowersoft has several tools and apps to facilitate individual users as well as businesses. ApowerMirror is an Android remote control app that can be capitalized for screen mirroring your Android device on a bigger screen like a desktop or laptop. It eliminates the need to install emulators to run Android applications or view the screen on a bigger screen.
In fact, you can use the app to remotely control one Android phone from another phone. Whether you want to record the screen of an Android device, use a painting tool, or use a cloud mirror, you can do it with Apowermirror.
- Easy screen mirroring to PC for gameplays
- Full control from a PC or another Android device
- File transfer between Android and PC
- Free for basic features
- iOS support is not as efficient as Android
- the relatively newer tool has some bugs and issues
- Sudden quality drops in screen mirroring
Support: Android, iOS, Windows, macOS
Editor's Review: The app might not have as advanced features as AirDroid Personal or enhanced security as Anydesk, but it is a great option for personal use. If you are someone who loves gaming and watching gameplay on a bigger screen, ApowerMirror is a great alternative to Android emulators for gaming enthusiasts.
Price: Free with basic features to an annual subscription of $39.95.
7. Web Key – Web-Based Remote Access
Webkey is an Android remote control and remote access platform that can be capitalized on to control your Android devices, mirror screens, and transfer data over the web. There is no need to install any software on your PC to access your Android phone. It is a great option for rooted devices. You can take remote screenshots, screen recording, copy-pasting, view the phone screen on the desktop, and much more.
- Web-based Android remote control from PC
- Track Android device over GPS
- Terminal access on Linux
- Affordable pricing
- Not as many features as other alternatives
- No screen orientation setting
- Not available for non-rooted devices.
Support: Android, Windows, Linux, macOS
Editor's Review: If you are keen to have a web-based remote access platform to access your rooted device from a desktop or laptop with Windows, you can go for this one. However, bear in mind that it lacks many advanced features that other tools like AirDroid Personal or Scrcpy can offer you.
Price: Starting from $6.99 per month to $14.99/month for professional use
8. Pushbullet – Sync On Many Devices
Last but not least, Pushbullet is a good option when you want to remote control Android phones from your laptop or PC for messaging, file transferring, photos, apps, modifying contacts, etc. The data management and modification tool can also be used to remotely delete phone files, uninstall/install apps, copy/paste data, and perform other tasks on your Android.
- Multiple device synchronization
- Compatibility with most of the devices
- Easy collaboration and sharing between devices connected via Pushbullet
- Overwhelming for direct remote access
- Not direct control or access but screen mirroring
Support: Chrome, Safari, Opera, Firefox.
Editor's Review: If you are looking for an Android remote control app or iOS remote access tool with the ability to sync across multiple devices, Pushbullet is best for that purpose.
Price: $4.99 per month or $39.99 per year
Comparison Between Best 8 Remote Control Tools
Android, Mac OS, Windows,and, Web
Android, Mac OS, iOS, Windows, and Linux
macOS, Windows, Chrome OS, Android, Linux, iOS
Android, iOS, Linux, Mac, Windows, Google Chrome
Windows, Linux, macOS
Android, Mac OS, iOS, Window
Android, Mac OS, iOS, Windows,and, Linux
Win, Android, Web, Chrome, Firefox
Full Screen Mode
How do You Benefit from Android Remote Control Software?
Why would you want an Android remote access software on your PC to get control of your PC?
Here are the benefits of having Android remote control software:
Full Remote Control Of Android Devices
Whether you want to remove data, install an app, create a backup, or delete contacts from your abandoned Android phone, a full remote access software will let you do it. With a wireless or USB connection, you get access to your broken phone, locked phone, or a remote phone to which access was not possible otherwise.
Remote Manage Android Devices
If you want to remotely manage one of more Android devices, solutions like Anydesk, AirDroid and Teamviewer are best for personal as well as professional use. You can view system information, change apps, use an Android remote control, transfer files, provide system support, etc., by capitalizing on the remote access tools.
Security Camera Monitor
Not every remote access tool provide you with the feature, but you can also convert your Android into a security camera to monitor things happening around you. The feature is specifically useful for parents who have to leave their kids to play around while they are working on important things. You can always keep an eye on your children using the security camera monitor feature.
Android remote control apps will increase your productivity and scalability by providing all-time access to your Android phones or desktops. For instance, an employee can always work at his home, move data to his Android, and remotely access the files using his office desktop. It also works vice versa, where an employer can provide system support to employees via remote access apps
Data and Device Security
Data security and integrity is one of the most important concerns addressed by most remote access solution providers. Whether securing the remote access devices or data being accessed, there are end-to-end encryption codings that secure your data as well as your device.
Ditch The Android Emulator
Many Android gamers use the emulators on their laptops and desktops to enjoy the games on a bigger screen. With the remote access, remote control and mirroring features of the apps, there is no need to install heavy emulators on your PC.
Remote Assistance For Friends And Family
You can always provide remote assistance to friends and family who are stuck with anything on their phones. Whether it's a system bug, installing/uninstalling an app, helping them understand a procedure, etc., you can collaborate with them, provide remote assistance, and remotely control other Android devices to provide support.
How to Remote Control Android Phone/Tablet from PC?
If you want to remote control an Android phone or tablet from a PC, here are the best solutions:
Capitalize on AirDroid Personal and access your Android phone by the following steps:
- Install AirDroid Personal app on your Android device from Playstore and sign up with an AirDroid account.
- Install AirDroid Desktop Client on your laptop/PC, sign in, and tap on the telescope Icon from the menu bar.
- Tap on the Android device name you want to control > Remote Control > Establishes the connection.
Here is a step-by-step guide to remotely controlling Android using Scrcpy:
- Connect PC with phone > Enable USB debugging.
- Run the ADB services command on your PC to confirm the connection.
- Now run the ADB Tcpip 5555' commandto enable WiFi Debug mode.
- Run the command:adb connect <device IP address>
The IP address of your Android can be found in settings > About Phone > IP Address
- Finally, run the command 'Scrcpy'. That's it.
Here is how to have Android remote control access via Vysor:
- Install the Vysor chrome extension on your desktop web browser.
- Connect your Android with your desktop over USB and update drivers.
- Launch the Vysor extension and detect the Android device.
- Establish the connection and start the remote control.
How to Remote Control Android Phone/Tablet from Web?
If you want an app to control an Android phone remotely through the web, here are the solutions:
Control your Android phone over a WiFi connection by following these simple steps:
- Connect your PC and Android to the same WiFi.
- Launch AirDroid personal on your Android and AirDroid web on your desktop's web browser.
- Scan the QR code shown on your desktop, and the connection will be established in a few seconds.
Here is how to use Webkey and access your Android remotely:
- Install the Webkey client app on your Android device and sign up.
- Visit webkey.ccfrom your desktop browser, log in to the same account and look for an Android device.
- Establish the connection and start remote control or access.
How to Remote Control Android Phone from Another Android?
You can also control one Android phone from another Android phone, and here is how to do it:
AirDroid Personal + AirMirror
- Install AirDroid Personal on your Android Phone A(a phone that has to be controlled). Also sign in with your AirDroid account. Follow setup instructions and allow Remote Control in Security and Remote Permission.
- Now install AirMirror on smartphone B that will be used to control smartphone A. Also, sign up with the same credentials.
- Tap on smartphone A's name in the AirMirror app and start controlling the phone.
- Install Teamviewer for Remote Control on your iOS device, launch it, and log in with your Teamviewer account credentials.
- Now install Teamviewer Quick support on another Android device, and install add-ons as promoted on the launch of the app.
- Copy your Teamviewer ID from Quick Support App and enter it on another device to start remote access and control.
How to Remote Control PC from Android Phone?
What if you want to control your PC from your Android phone remotely?
Here is how to do it:
- Allow remote access on your desktop after installing AnyDesk. Go to Settings > System > Remote Desktop < Enable Remote Desktop.
- Also, click on Advanced settings > configure network level authentication.
- Install the app on your Android, launch the app and tap on the + icon to add PC.
You can also capitalize on Teamviewer to remotely access your PC from mobile. Here is how to do it:
- Download and install Teamviewer on your desktop and log in with the credentials.
- Install the Teamviewer app on your Android device.
- Enter the ID and password of your desktop on the Teamviewer app on Android and establish the connection to control your laptop.
Leave a Reply.