How to Track an Android Phone from an iPhone
I know a friend that needs to track his son's phone. Though he has an Android, and my friend owns an iPhone. I tried to search inside the AppStore but couldn't find it. Thanks 😉
As the Reddit user said, tracking an Android phone using an iPhone is a widespread issue. At one point or more, we know someone whose phone was stolen. Perhaps it was your phone; you need another device to track it. Even when a phone is not stolen, you may need to track your child's phone, colleague's, or yours when you have suddenly misplaced it.
If the target phone is an Android phone, people are often hopeful that there are a few ways to track the phone. But when the device available to track the phone is an iPhone, the general idea is that it is difficult. This article addresses this misconception so that you can know how to track an Android phone from an iPhone.
- 1. 6 Ways to Track Android Phone from iPhone
- 2. Which Is the Best Way to Track Android Phone from iPhone for Free
- 3. How to Prepare the Android Phone for Tracking
- 4. What to Do If Lost an Android Phone
- 5. Extra Tips: Find/Lock/Erase Lost/Stolen Samsung Work Devices
- 6. FAQs about Tracking an Android Phone
Part 1. 6 Ways to Track Android Phone from iPhone
This section of the article discusses five of the most lucrative ways to track your Android phone with an iPhone. Then, it further explores how to use these free methods.
1. AirDroid Location Tracking
This first method uses the AirDroid Parental Control. It allows an iPhone to track Android phones seamlessly. In addition, it keeps your kids safe in the physical world and online and helps them maintain healthy digital habits.
The app has several incredible features like remotely monitoring your kid's phone surroundings, screencasting, screen time control, games and apps blocking, Sync notifications and SMS, location tracking, instant alerts, etc.
- Track android phone location in real-time from iPhone.
- Set geo-fenced zones and get instant alerts.
- Remotely watch and hear your kid's phone surroundings.
- Monitor online activities in real-time and review daily or weekly report.
- Sync social media apps' notifications, such as Facebook Messenger, Line, and WhatsApp.
- Schedule screen time and app usage to help kids build healthy digital habits.
- Block or restrict specific inappropriate apps and new apps.
Steps to track an Android phone from an iPhone
You can start using AirDroid with these simple steps.
Step 1. Download and Install AirDroid Parental Control App on your device.
Step 2. Launch AirDroid Parental Control on your device, and it will direct you to the sign-up page. Create your account and then log in.
Step 3. Download AirDroid Kids on the target phone. After installation, launch AirDroid Kids and set up some necessary settings on the phone.
Step 4. Enter the pairing code to bind the device. Now, you can see your kid’s Android phone through your iPhone screen.
2. Family Locator - GPS Tracker
Family Locator is a GPS tracking app that allows users to track Android phones from iOS devices. The app has features like Family Locator that helps users stay connected with all the locations of family members. In addition, it is integrated with a chat and group system. This feature allows users to chat with other family or friends through the app easily.
The steps below show how to use the app.
Step 1. The Family Locator – GPS tracker must be installed on Android and iPhone devices. Launch the Family Locator app on both Android and iOS devices to complete the configuration process.
Step 2. Share the real-time location with your iPhone device on the Android device.
Step 3. Open the Family Locator app on your iPhone device and accept the sharing permission. You can also check the app's map to find the location of the target Android device without them knowing.
3. GPS Mobile Number Tracker
This web app allows users to track Android phones on iPhone devices through mobile numbers. It is a free app that uses history location data such as GPS, WiFi connection, and cell tower triangulation. It only requires that users input the estimated country, country code, and phone number. Once the search has been done, it will show the Android phone's location on the map.
4. Google Location Sharing between iPhone and Android
There may be a lot of incompatibility between iPhone and Android, but that should not hinder your tacking experience. Here is how to share Google location between iPhone and Android so that you can track an Android phone from an iPhone.
Step 1. Download Google Maps for your iPhone from Apple's App Store. Open Google Maps, and turn on location by selecting "Allow While Using App."
Step 2. Click on your blue location dot to pull up more options and select "Share your location." You can specify how long you want to share your location or use the "Until you turn this off" option.
Step 3. Click on the Message icon and type in your Android contact to share your location with the phone.
5. Google Find My Device through Website
Find My Device is another ideal method of tracking an Android phone through an iPhone device. It is a free web feature available for Android users with Google accounts. This feature may become inaccessible if the Android phone is not online. If it is offline, it will show the last known location of the Android phone.
Find My Device works by pairing devices over a private network. Hence, it can track every moment of the target device or even lock it to your iPhone remotely. Also, if the two devices are close, you can use the app to play a sound. By playing a sound if it was in the closure, you can quickly pinpoint where it is. Another feature that this method provides is storing users' data. You can even erase all the content on your Android phone from your iPhone.
Step 1. Open the website on iPhone's default browser (Safari) or any other browser.
Step 2. Sign in to your Google account by entering all your details and password. It will take you to the Find My Device page, which has a map background.
Step 3. Click on the Location Tag to get the coordinate of the Android phone. If you click on the blue Direction button at the bottom of the page, it will show you a route that will take you to where the Android phone is.
6. Samsung Find My Mobile
Find My Mobile is a Samsung location sharing service that lets users track the location of their Samsung phones in real-time. Once activated, it makes it possible for users to locate, remotely backup and wipe data on their registered Galaxy mobile devices. Even if the phone isn't linked to Wi-Fi or mobile data, it still works! Before using this app, you need a Samsung account.
Step 1. On your home screen or app drawer, tap the settings icon.
Step 2. From the drop-down menu, choose Lock screen and security.
Step 3. Scroll down the list of options until you see "Find My Mobile," then tap it to launch it.
Step 4. Select Enable Remote Controls from the drop-down menu. If you're required to sign in to your Samsung account or create one if you don't already have one, make sure this setting is turned on. To use this feature, you'll need a Samsung account.
Part 2. Which Is the Best Way to Track Android Phone from iPhone for Free
|❗ Difficulty||📍 Real-Time Location Tracking||👀 Monitor Phone Surroundings||📱 Monitor Phone Activities||✌ Need Permission|
|AirDroid Location Tracking||Low||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Family Locator - GPS Tracker||Low||Yes||No||No||No|
|GPS Mobile Number Tracker||Low||No||No||No||No|
|Google Location Sharing||Medium||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Google Find My Device||Medium||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Samsung Find My Mobile||Medium||Yes||No||No||No|
Part 3. How to Prepare the Android Phone for Tracking
You can prepare an Android phone for tracking depending on which suggested methods you want to use. If you want to use the AirDroid Location Tracking, you have to install the corresponding app AirDroid Kids on the Android phone. You need to also install an app for Family Locator – GPS Tracker. For any of the Google options, your Google account has to be active, and it must be online. It also requires that your location is turned on. GPS Mobile Number Tracker requires that the Android phone is on and the sim belonging to the number is in it.
Part 4: What to Do If Lost an Android Phone
Before operating, please follow the guidelines below:
- Sign in to your Google account using android.com/find. Log in with the Google Account associated with the main profile if your phone has several user profiles.
- A notification will be sent to the stolen phone.
- You will find information about your phone's location on the map. The place is a fair approximation that may or may not be accurate. If your phone is not detected, you will be able to see its last known location (if available).
- Decide on what you want to do. If necessary, click Enable lock & erase first or select play sound.
1. How to Ring a Lost Android Phone?
Play sound: If your phone is silent or vibration, it will ring at maximum volume for 5 minutes.
2. How to Clear Data of a Lost Android Phone?
Erase device: Permanently delete all data on the phone (but probably not the SD card). Find My Device will not work on the phone after you erase it.
3. How to Lock the Lost Android Phone?
Secure device: Protects your phone by encrypting it with a PIN or password. You can set a screen lock if you don't have one. You can add a phone number or message to the lock screen to help others return your phone to you.
Extra Tips: Find/Lock/Erase Lost/Stolen Samsung Work Devices
1. Adopting MDM solution to avoid data breach
A perfect MDM solution not only supports businesses in managing and performing operations but also helps prevent data breaches in various uncertain conditions.
AirDroid Business MDM solution enables administrators to track Samsung phone/tablets remotely and safeguard their data even if devices are lost.
Here are some important features for businesses to secure Samsung device data:
- Real-time location tracking & geofencing: IT administrators can remotely monitor the real-time location of all enrolled devices on a screen, and geo-fencing allows the administrators to get alerts when devices exit/enter designated fence borders, which helps the businesses keep track of the company devices being operational in different regions.
- Remote lock: In case of theft, loss, or threat of data breach, administrators can remotely lock the screen of enrolled devices and keep the data secure. The end-user cannot access any file or application on the device unless it is unlocked.
- Factory reset/remote wipe: This feature enables enterprises to permanently remove all the data stored in the enrolled devices remotely.
2. How Can Implementing an MDM Solution Benefit Your Business?
MDM solutions can bring significant benefits to enterprises. Here are some points that make business management attractive:
Enhanced Security: MDM safeguards sensitive data of enterprises on mobile devices with robust security measures. It allows enterprises to enforce password policies, encrypt data, remotely wipes lost or stolen devices, and restrict access to certain apps and features.
Compliance: MDM enables businesses to achieve regulatory compliance by building policies and procedures that adhere to industry standards for mobile devices. Additionally, MDM can track and audit device usage to ensure company policy compliance.
Simplified Device Management: Enterprises can manage all mobile devices from a central location, simplifying device management and reducing costs. Businesses can manage, monitor, and troubleshoot devices remotely with MDM instead of manually handling them.
Mobile Device Management for Android Devices
AirDroid Business provides an all-in-one MDM and remote control solution that helps your IT teams remotely provision, monitor, control, and secure unattended or attended Android devices. This datasheet gives you an overview of the benefits, core features, and pricing plans to fast track your research.
There is a fair probability that your Android phone can get lost, and you will need to track it using an iPhone. Hence, this article has highlighted five methods for tracking your Android phone through your iPhone. You can use these methods without the target device user knowing that you are tracking their device.
FAQs about Tracking an Android Phone
Here are the steps:
1. Go to the "Find My Device" page.
2. Use the Google account linked to your phone to log in.
3. Choose your phone from the option at the top of the screen if you have more than one.
4. Select "Secure Device" from the drop-down menu.
5. Leave a note and a phone number where others can see it so they can contact you if they locate your phone.
Here are 8 of the most common signs that someone is tracking on your phone:
1. Strange applications
2. Your device is 'Jailbroken' or 'Rooted'
3. The battery is rapidly depleting
4. Your phone is overheating
5. Absurdly high data use
6. Unusual activity while in standby mode
7. Problems with turning off the phone
8. Strange SMS messages