How to Transfer Photos from Google Photos to Gallery
Photos and videos are the most common way to save a moment forever. Photos can capture the moments and make them stay forever, whether at a family gathering, a friend's hangout, a formal meeting, or enjoy on your own. With technological advances, digital images have replaced the paper-pictures, and mobile phones have replaced cameras.
With further advancements, cloud storage has replaced hard drives. Whether you want to store your multimedia on your phone's local storage or capitalize on cloud storage like Google Drive, Photos, etc., it is your choice. However, when you want to transfer multiple photos from Google Photos to Gallery, you must know how to do it.
So how to transfer Google Photos to the Gallery? This is what we will discuss in today's article. We will tell you about the solutions and apps to move photos from Google Photos to Gallery and a lot more.
- Part 1: What is Google Photos?
- Part 2: Why You Want to Import Photos from Google Photos to Gallery
- Part 3: How to Transfer Photos from Google Photos to Gallery on Android?
- Part 4: How to Move Photos from Google Photos to Gallery on PC/Laptop
- Part 5: FAQs
What is Google Photos?
Google Photos is a tool by Google that was launched in 2015, and it is a tool that can be used for storing multimedia like photos, videos, and screenshots. It is renowned as an app for mobile users to have a solid multimedia backup. You can store pictures up to 16 MP and videos of up to 1080p resolution.
It is a free tool available for Android, iOS, and web users. You can also choose a free or paid version, depending on your requirements. For instance, you can purchase 100 GB of storage for $1.99 monthly.
Why You Want to Import Photos from Google Photos to Gallery
Why would you want to import photos from Google Photos to the Gallery?
Here are a few reasons why you can transfer photos from Google Photos to Gallery:
- To have an offline backup of your photos
- Secure photos in an offline environment
- To transfer photos from one device to another
- To free up storage from your Google Drive account
Whatever reasons you have to transfer photos, you should be more interested in knowing how to transfer photos from Google Photos to Gallery.
How to Transfer Photos from Google Photos to Gallery on Android?
Here are different solutions for transferring Google Photos to your phone's Gallery.
If you are an Android user and want to know how to transfer all photos from Google Photos to Gallery, you can rely on the Photos app itself. You can also rely on Google Drive to download and save photos offline. Let's discuss how to rely on Google Photos and Google Drive to transfer photos:
If you want to transfer Google Photos to Gallery, here is what you need to do:
- Step 1. Install and open the Google Photos app on your Android phone. Sign in to your Google account.
- Step 3. Now choose one photo or multiple photos to transfer from Google Photos to Gallery. Long press the images for selecting.
- Step 4. Tap on three vertical dots to see different options for sharing the images.
- Step 5. Now tap on Save to Device to transfer photos to the Gallery of your Android phone.
If you have saved the images on Google Photos or Google Drive, you can directly download images from the Drive. The benefit of using Google Drive is that you can also save videos and documents from Google Drive. Here is how to do it:
- Step 1. Install Google Drive on your Android phone and launch the app.
- Step 2. Sign in to your Google account to proceed further.
- Step 3. Now tap on the Recent tab to see the photos uploaded to your Google Photos.
- Step 4. Pick one or multiple photos for transferring to the Gallery o have offline access.
- Step 5. Once selected, look for the Download option in the drop-down menu.
- Step 6. Tap on Download, and the photos will be saved in the phone's Gallery.
How to Move Photos from Google Photos to Gallery on PC/Laptop
If you want to move photos from Google Photos to Gallery via PC, you will need a third-party storage management and transfer tool to complete the file transfer.
AirDroid Personal is a third-party storage management and file-transferring tool with a lot of capabilities. It is an all-in-one tool for transferring files across devices, remotely controlling Android devices, making calls on PC, mirroring screens, and sharing files.
The main features of AirDroid Personal are as follows:
- File transfer without data loss or privacy concerns
- Instantly sharing files across platforms including Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, Online
- Support for all file types, including photos, videos, documents, apps, and more
- Screencasting and screen mirroring for watching movies or playing mobile games on a bigger screen
- Data management tool for your Android or iPhone
How can you rely on AirDroid Personal to move photos from Google Photos to Gallery via PC:
First, you need to download Google Photos to Your PC
- Step 1. Open your laptop's web browser and Google Drive's official website. Sign in to your Google account.
- Step 2. Now choose the images you want to transfer to your PC for offline access. To choose multiple images, tap on the Image, press shift, hold and click on all the images you want to transfer.
- Step 3. Make a right-click in the same window, and several options will open.
- Step 4. Tap on the Download option to save the files on your laptop.
Once downloaded, you can send your Google Photos to Gallery from PC to Android with AirDroid Personal:
- Step 1. Open the AirDroid on your laptop. Also, install AirDroid Personal on your phone and launch the app
- Step 2. Sign in to your AirDroid account on PC and Android.
- Step 3. Connect the phone and PC via the Devices tab on the phone or PC.
- Step 4. Open the chat on your PC, tap on Send icon, and select the photos you want to transfer. Tap on the attachment icon > Files and select the files or folders you want to transfer from your PC to Android. Once selected, tap on transfer.
Yet another tool answers how to transfer photos from Google Photos to Gallery. Google Takeout is a Google tool that you can use to export data when creating a backup. You can rely on Google Takeout if you want to transfer browser bookmarks, email, Google Drive content, images, multimedia, or documents. According to the disclaimer, there are 51 types of files you can transfer via Google Takeout.
How to move Google Photos to Gallery via Google Takeout?
Here is the step-by-step guide to complete the transfer:
- Step 1. Open the Google Takeout app on your device.
- Step 2. Go to Products and tap on Deselect all. It is because Google Takeout selects all types of files by default. Therefore, you must deselect all files before selecting specific photos.
- Step 3. Now look for Google Photos data and check the box in front of it.
- Step 4. Tap on Next, and select the frequency of file exports(Export Once). Select the file type as .zip
- Step 5. Select file size and tap on Create Export.
- Step 6. Once the file download is complete, you will receive the Download link on your email address. Open the email and tap on Download your files.
We have discussed different methods on how to transfer multiple photos from Google Photos to the Gallery of your mobile device. These solutions are the perfect answers to how to import photos from Google Photos to Gallery. You can directly use the Google Drive or Google Photos app to save multimedia files offline.
However, we recommend using AirDroid Personal to transfer images and videos to your phone for offline access. The app is available for users of all devices and ecosystems. Therefore, you get an all-in-one tool to make file transfer and management.
Leave a Reply.