[Solved] How to Fix iOS 14 Screen Mirroring Not Working?
- Cast iOS device screens to a PC/TV wirelessly
- Cast device's audio and microphone sound
- Supports up to five devices streaming at the same time.
Mirror iOS 14 to PC/TV with AirDroid Cast
Every update in iOS comes with an upgrade in performance and new features and this can also be said for the new iOS 14 as it comes with new features for widgets, app library, map, and smart. But still, there has been one constant complaint about this operating system, the iOS 14 screen mirroring is not working.
If you are experiencing this issue, then it is possible that your iOS device is not compatible with screen mirroring, there is a problem with the software update, or you are unable to access the control center on your device. This article provides effective solutions to this problem.
1Can All iPhone Screen Mirror?
Compatibility may be the biggest issue when it comes to screen mirroring your iPhone to another device. Screen mirroring in iPhone is done using a feature known as Airplay and if you are having a hard time screen mirroring your iOS device to your TV or PC then you need to check if they are compatible with Apple’s AirPlay feature.
The iPhones that have the iOS 13/14/15 are iPhone 6s/6s plus, 7/7 plus, 8/8 plus, X, XR, XS Max, XS, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12, 12 pros, 12 Pro Max, 13, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, SE. iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus are stuck on iOS 12 making these devices incompatible with features available on iOS 13, 14, and 15 including screen mirroring.
2Reasons for iOS 14 Screen Mirroring Not Working
Using incompatible iOS devices listed above is one reason why your screen mirroring is not working. The software update is also another factor that may make screen mirroring on iOS 14 a problem, in this case resetting your settings and restarting your device may be your only option to fix this problem.
You may have trouble accessing the control center of your iPhone and this may be the reason you cannot screen mirror. You can adjust this setting by locating the control center in your setting and turning on the “access within apps” setting.
3How to Fix iOS 14 Screen Mirroring Not Working?
Enjoying videos and games on a bigger screen is exciting, but with an iOS 14, there may be a reoccurring problem of the screen mirroring feature not working. Here are some ways you can solve this problem.
How to fix iOS 14 screen mirroring not working for Mac?
This operating system on your Mac OS is one of the major reasons why you are unable to screen mirror using your PC. However, another common reason is the macOS firewall which prevents successful connection for screen mirroring.
Below are the steps you can take to fix this trouble.
- Open the settings on your Mac and select system preference click on the Security & Privacy tab
- Click on the lock icon to access the administration settings, and enter your name and password into the space provided.
- Click on the Firewall tab and then on the Firewall options
- If the “block all incoming connections” option is enabled then disable it.
- activate the “Automatically allow downloaded signed software to receive incoming connections”
How to fix iOS 14 screen mirroring not working for Windows PC?
Windows PC does not support AirPlay protocol so to screen mirror your iOS 14 device to your Windows PC, you will need a third-party app that has an AirPlay receiver feature. However, if you have a third-party app that works with AirPlay and you are still unable to screen mirror your device, follow the steps below.
- Ensure that your iOS device and your Windows device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Search for Network status on your Windows PC
- Activate the Network Sharing option under this setting
- Troubleshoot your Windows PC following the instructions provided to you by your computer
- Restart your PC and try to screen mirror your iOS 14 device.
How to fix iOS 14 not working for Apple TV?
Usually, to screen mirror your iOS 14 device to Apple TV, AirPlay-supported devices will appear among the list of available devices including your Apple TV. But if it keeps searching for devices and your Apple TV is not listed, you can try applying these different solutions to fix this problem.
- Ensure that your Apple TV and iOS 14 device are on the same wireless connection
- Install the latest software update on your Apple TV and this can be done by searching through the settings of your Apple TV
- Restart your iOS device and your Apple TV
- On your iOS 14 device, open the settings app and click on General settings and turn off the restriction on this device. Also, check your Apple TV and ensure that the AirPlay setting is activated.
- Find the Network settings and tap on “Reset network settings”
- Try screen mirroring your iOS 14 device to your Apple TV
3Screen Mirror iOS 14 using AirDroid Cast
AirDroid Cast is software that allows you to mirror a device to a larger screen. This is a great way to screen mirror your iPhone to PC or TV. The process of screen mirroring with this application is easy, you can do so by following the steps below.
To screen mirror to PC:
Step 1. Install the AirDroid cast App on both devices
Install the AirDroid Cast App on your PC by visiting the official website of this application, and on your iPhone, you can install it from the Apple store or the website as well.
Step 2. Send a cast request
Open the AirDroid cast app on your phone. You need to start a cast request from your Android device. You can use AirPlay, USB or WLAN for the connection.
Step 3. Accept cast request
A notification will be displayed on your PC screen asking for permission to cast. Accept this request and if you want you can recognize your iOS device to help you connect easily next time.
Step 4. Allow casting on your iOS device
After accepting the cast request, a notification will be displayed on the screen of your iOS device. Tap start broadcast and select AirDroid Cast, tap start broadcast again to start casting your iOS device.
To screen mirror to TV:
Step 1. Download the AirDroid Cast app and open the web version
Download the AirDroid Cast app on your phone. And connect your to the internet to enable your browser. Type in “webcast.airdroid.com” into the search bar of your TV browser.
Step 2. Scan or enter the code
You will be redirected to the AirDroid Cast website where you will see a QR code and a casting code. Open the AirDroid Cast App on your phone and scan or enter the code.
Step 3. Grant permission and cast
You will be asked to grant permission for casting on your TV, accept this request to start screen mirroring your iOS device to your TV.
Features of AirDroid Cast:
- Unlimited network option
- Able to screen mirror multiple devices
- Web-version and software applications available
- Wireless and wired connection options are available
- AirPlay connection option available
- Requires no external device
You may not be able to screen mirror your iOS devices to a bigger screen because of several reasons and it may be because your device is incompatible for screen mirroring, your software is not updated, or you can’t access your control center. Check these issues out and try screen mirroring your device again, you can also try checking if your iOS device and your other external devices are on the same network connection.
This article has explained some ways you can fix iOS 14 screen mirroring not working on Mac PC, Windows PC, and Apple TV. One of the best ways to successfully screen mirror your iOS device is to use AirDroid Cast which has several benefits.