Top 11 Free Phone Monitoring Apps for Android Phone and Tablet
Are you able to picture your life without your smartphone or tablet today? No. Today, our phones do so much, from communication, texting, and web browsing, to conducting business.
Cell phones are now used by more than 80% of all adult Americans, including children as young as ten years. For teenagers, it's easy for them to visit the wrong sites, get bullied, or download inappropriate content, which can be damaging for them.
So how do you keep tabs on your child's mobile devices to ensure they're watching the right content? Or, in another scenario, how do you find out if your teen is cheating on you? Maybe your employees spend time watching movies online during work hours. You'd want to know, right?
One solution is to use a free phone monitoring app. It can keep tabs on your target's mobile device. Without ado, let's get started.
- Part 1: Essential Criteria for Choosing the Best Phone Monitoring App
- Part 2: Top 14 Free Phone Monitoring Apps for Android Phones and Tablets
- Part 3: Comparison of the 11 Free Phone Monitoring Apps
- Part 4: Tips for Better Use on Free Phone Monitoring Apps
- Part 5: Pros and Cons of Free Phone Monitoring Apps
- Part 6: Beyond Monitoring: Fostering Trust through Communication
- Part 7: FAQs about Phone Monitoring Apps
Essential Criteria for Choosing the Best Phone Monitoring App
With so many Android phone monitoring apps. It can be hard to zero down to the best on the market. Here's what we considered when choosing the free monitoring apps.
Ease of Use
Selecting a free phone monitoring app that is easy to use should be one of the most important pieces of criteria. The software should be straightforward and intuitive to use.
An app that has a simple user-friendly interface along with intuitive features will make sure that novices as well as experts in mobile technology can use it. Having an app that's easy to use will allow you to spend more time focusing on other important things.
The app should run on Android and be compatible with tablets and even laptops.
We considered features, especially whether they have free trial options. Users should be able to test the apps and decide on which one works. It should include text monitoring, social media app monitoring, screen time monitoring, etc.
That great user experience will allow you to spend less time working around the nuances of an app and more time achieving the goals you set for the app to begin with.
One great way to ensure that you get the best experience is to do your research and see what others have had to say. You can learn a lot from reading user reviews on an app. You'll get an unfiltered honest view into how the app functions, as well as any pros and cons that you may encounter along the way.
All the apps have an official website which you can visit to confirm authenticity and report issues.
Top 14 Free Phone Monitoring Apps for Android Phones and Tablets
1. AirDroid Phone Monitoring App
AirDroid Parental Control is the best parenting monitoring app for Android devices. It helps parents to keep kids safe in the physical world and online. It can also help them build healthy digital habits. It has at least three days of a free trial when you can enjoy all of the fantastic functions.
- Screen Mirroring: cast phones' screen of your kids to your mobile devices
- Remote Camera and One-Way Audio: monitor phone surroundings
- Sync app notifications and incoming SMS from kids' phones to parents'
- Screen time & app limits and schedule
- Location tracker & GPS phone tracker
- Activity Report
Monitor your kids' online activities in real-time.
Remotely watch and listen to your kid's phone surroundings.
Block inappropriate games and social media apps.
Track your kids' current location and view their location history.
Get a comprehensive of kids' phone activities.
AirDroid Parental Control App is a must-have for every parent concerned about their child's safety.
2. mSpy Mobile Monitoring App
Track what they're doing on their phone and online with mSpy without raising any dust. It only takes a few minutes to download and set up everything, and you don't have to root to any device. The software has various features that allow users to track phone calls, text messages, emails, GPS location, social media activity, and more.
- It's compatible with all browsers.
- Monitor many applications.
- Websites and phone calls can both be restricted.
- It can be quite expensive especially if you opt for their premium packages.
While competing spy apps may be cheaper, we found mSpy to be a better value for the money because of its superior features.
3. Mobile Tracker Free
Mobile Tracker Free is a high-quality spy and tracking program that is easy to install and use. It's a free phone monitoring app for parents.
- It offers many free features.
- You can monitor the target's activity on social media and text messages – incoming or outgoing.
- It doesn't require rooting.
- The free solution tracks incoming and outgoing calls, including pictures taken or received.
- The target device must have an internet connection.
Most of its powerful features come free of charge, and it takes a few minutes to install software to Begin monitoring. Employers can also ensure that employees are only doing work-related things.
4. WebWatcher Monitoring App
WebWatcher is a really useful monitoring application that lets you keep a close eye on online activities for a mobile device. It's a great tool for parents or employers to understand what is happening on a tracked phone or tablet.
Using WebWatcher you can track what websites are visited, social media activity, emails, and even text messages.
- Block apps.
- 24/7 live chat support.
- Check text messages
- Does not have a content blocker.
- Does not track location.
This app is great for people who want to monitor activities on a mobile phone or tablet. It's not necessarily geared for people looking to help reinforce healthy online habits as there are no software limitations other than app blocking entirely.
It's also worth mentioning that you need to sign up for an account if you'd like to chat with a representative, even to ask questions.
5. Hoverwatch Free Mobile Monitor
If you're looking for a tracking and surveillance app, Hoverwatch might be a useful phone monitoring tool to use. This app is equipped with standard monitoring features like the ability to view call logs, text messages, and social media. A useful feature that makes this app stand out is that you can remotely capture screenshots.
- GPS Locator.
- Front Camera Photos.
- Low monthly cost.
- No remote installation.
- Existing features can be buggy.
- Monthly subscription.
The app lists a lot of useful features like keyloggers, and the ability to monitor keywords via alerts. There is also robust social media monitoring and the ability to take front-facing photos.
These features combined with GPS and geo-fencing make the app a monitoring powerhouse, however, the price and buggy features seem to hold it back.
6. iKeyMonitor Android Monitoring App
It is one of the best parental control apps for monitoring. You can monitor users' text messages, apps, calls, keystrokes, and social media.
- Block games or apps.
- Record phone surroundings.
- Limit screen time.
- Free undetectable phone monitoring app.
- Root access is required for social messenger tracking.
- The yearly plan is a bit expensive.
iKeyMonitor's free plan makes it one of the best app options since it allows parents and employers to try out the world of spy apps without worrying about paying any money.
7. PcTattletale Cell Phone Monitoring App
Best a free app to monitor teenagers' phones. Mobile spy app PcTattletale allows you to record video easily. This app may all see messages, conversations, emails, websites, and more. An option for real-time tracking is available.
- Easy to operate.
- Every action taken by the target device is recorded, and the recordings are available for purchase and download.
- Key loggers are excellent at their job.
- Tracking doesn't run so well.
- Plans are expensive.
When it comes to keeping tabs on your kids, employees, or spouse, pcTattletale does things differently. It has all the features for regular spy use but is more focused on business monitoring.
8. ESET Parental Control
For a concerned parent, a highly effective phone monitoring app is a must-have. ESET Parental Control comes with a 30-day free trial so you can see if you'll find their features useful. Some of the main features include geofencing, app and website blocking, usage-time limits, and other monitoring capabilities to optimize your kid's safety while using a Android phone or tablet.
- Site and app blocking.
- Usage limits.
- 30-day free trial.
- No call blocking.
- No text blocking.
ESET Parental Control seems like a solution that makes sense overall, for a concerned parent the safety and limiting features seem like a simple way to ensure your kid's safety online.
9. KidLogger Phone Monitoring Software
A free app to monitor my child's phone? Consider the KidLogger. This app is the finest in terms of tracking keystrokes and apps used.
- A free version is available.
- Stay updated on what your kids type, the websites they visit, the screenshots they capture, and their programs.
- Records audios.
- A free version is only available to one device.
- The free version of the software has limited features.
The app serves its purpose when it comes to monitoring your kid's online activities, and it's available for a tablet too.
10. Mobisafer Mobile App for Monitoring
You can use Mobisafer, a free Android and tablet monitoring phone software that automatically backs up all of your phone's essential data from any location. It offers a 7-day free trial. You can use it to record text messages, phone numbers, and social media posts.
- Records in stealth mode.
- No pop-ups or ads.
- Limited control over certain apps and content.
- May be seen as invasive by some children.
You can monitor your target with stealth mode, and they'll never know. The app even allows you to test for seven days free of charge.
11. CellTracker Monitor App for Android
It is one of the best free phone monitoring appsthat allows you to track the location and activity of a cell phone remotely. The software is primarily used for parental control, employee monitoring, and tracking lost or stolen phones.
Below are the pros and cons of the software:
- Provides live location status.
- Social media tracker.
- Works without root permissions.
- Contains ads.
It's a free, secure, and robust mobile tracking app for Android phones. It captures almost everything, including phone calls, browser history, live location, and photographs.
Comparison of the 11 Free Phone Monitoring Apps
|Phone Monitoring App||Highlights||Free Trial||Feature in Trial Version||Price|
|AirDroid||View child's live screen|
Sync app notifications
See and record phone surroundings
|At least 3 days||Full||$9.99/Month|
|mSpy||Monitor many apps|
Restrict website and calls
|A demo is availble||N/A||$49.99/Month|
|Mobile Tracker Free||Social media and text messages monitoring||Yes||Limited feature and storage||6~15€/Month|
|Webwatcher||Monitor any content on the device||3 days||Limited||$10.83/month|
|Hoverwatch||Phone tracking||3 days||Limited||$24.95/month|
|iKeyMonitor||Record phone surroundings||A demo is availble||N/A||From $16.66/Month|
|PcTattletale||Key loggers are excellent||7 days||Full||From $99.99 to $297.99|
for 3 Devices/Year
|ESET Parental Control||Application guard||30 days||Limited||$24.99/year|
|KidLogger||Screenshots||9 days||Limited space||$9~29/Quarter|
|Mobisafer||Record text messages||7 days||Limited||N/A|
|CellTracker||Social media tracker||Yes||Limited feature||INR.600(about 7.5$)/Week|
Tips for Better Use on Free Phone Monitoring Apps
When you're starting the journey into monitoring a mobile phone or tablet you'll want to make sure you're getting the most out of the app that you choose.
Define Your Goals
You can start by defining your goals, figure out what information matters the most, and then use that to help select and develop the app that you'll be using.
Choose the App
After you realize what you're trying to achieve, match your goals with the app that offers all of the features you need at a price you're comfortable with.
Do Your Legal Research
If you are using this to monitor anyone else other than your child who is under the age of 18 you must ensure you're legally compliant.
Customize Your Settings
Make sure that you adjust the app's settings to deliver the best data in the most convenient way.
After you ensure that you are legally and ethically compliant, taking caution and being discreet is another thing you can do to ensure that raw phone usage is being captured.
Learn from the Data
Use the analytics that these mobile phone monitoring apps provide to give you valuable insights and use that to take action to potentially keep your child or intellectual property safe as a parent or business owner.
Make sure you are regularly checking on the app's development to see if there are additional useful features being added.
Pros and Cons of Free Phone Monitoring Apps
Sometimes a free phone monitoring app may be all that you need to use, there are many benefits and zero financial drawbacks.
- Short-Term Needs - you may be able to use a free trial to fulfill a short-term monitoring goal.
- Ease of Access - many free mobile monitoring apps offer basic features which often translate to easy-to-use options.
- Cost Savings - one of the most obvious and great benefits is the fact that free means you won't have to pay for anything.
- Trial Periods - even if you find yourself needing additional premium features, you are able to trial the app before you commit to making a purchase to ensure it will work for you.
- Limited Features - you might realize pretty quickly that you need the more premium features on the app, rendering it useless unless you pay for it.
- Privacy Issues - if you don't do your homework when it comes to mobile phone monitoring apps you might leave yourself exposed to legal problems in the future.
- Ads and In-App Purchases - Ads can be distracting and detract from the app's features and overall experience.
- Customer Support - you might not be able to get effective customer support outside of reading forums for some of these mobile phone monitoring apps.
Beyond Monitoring: Fostering Trust Through Communication
You might want to also ask yourself what caused you to need a remote mobile monitoring app. Find out if the root cause is distrust in your partner, and potentially use this as an opportunity to open dialogue with them and grow trust. If this stemmed from a need to monitor your child, also introduce additional opportunities to educate them on remaining safe while using their mobile devices.
Outside of utilizing a phone monitoring device, be sure to practice effective communication with the person whose phone or tablet you are monitoring. While a phone monitoring app is helpful, relying on it as a sole solution is not recommended and can often lead to further complications in the future.
With just a smartphone in your hand, it's possible to unlock anyone's secrets. It, of course, requires you to have monitoring apps on your device.
The phone monitoring apps on this list are free, so you don't have to worry about paying ridiculous money. Parents can use free apps to monitor child's phones, and employers can monitor their employee's activities while at work.
You should be able to decide which app can deliver the best results for you.
Leave a Reply.