All You Need to Know about WebRTC Screen Sharing
Q: What is the Purpose of WebRTC?
WebRTC is a technology developed to immediately share screens between two browsers to communicate data in HD quality, including video files, without using external servers or other add-ons. It allows you to share your screen in 4K/1080/720 format, and you may share a URL link with the individuals you wish to share your screen with using the WebRTC extension. WebRTC also supports chat messages. You may share the screen with any browser that supports it.
This article will go over the methodologies and applications of WebRTC for screen sharing across devices. It is a safe and straightforward way to share your screen.
- 1. WebRTC Desktop Sharing Extension & How to Enable it in Web Browser
- 2. Can I Use WebRTC Screen Sharing without Extension?
- 3. How to Use WebRTC to Remote Control another Computer?
- 4. Extra Tips: How to Share Desktop Screen Remotely within 5 Minutes?
- 5. Easily Share Mobile Phone Screen Remotely
- 6. The Bottom Line
- 7. Know More about WebRTC Screen Sharing
Part 1. WebRTC Desktop Sharing Extension
1What Can It Do?
WebRTC provides you with a lot of possibilities for screen sharing as per the requirements. You have multiple options available after downloading the extension and can choose any of the options you find suitable for your work. Here are all the options:
- Screen sharing without Audio
- Sharing the Screen and Microphone
- Sharing the Screen and Speakers
- Sharing the Screen, Microphone and Speakers
- Share the Screen, Microphone, Speakers and Camera
- Sharing Chrome tab and Speakers
- Share the Screen and Camera
- Share Camera Only
You can click on any tab to choose what you want.
2How Can I Enable WebRTC in My Web Browser?
It is easy and simple to enable WebRTC desktop sharing in any browser using the extension. You have to install the extension on your browser, pin it on the menu bar and utilize it as you want.
Here are the steps for the chrome browser:
- Step 1.Open the Web Link
- Open the web page and click Add to Chrome to install the extension. A pop-up will appear and then click on Add Extension. After a few seconds, it will install on your Google Chrome browser.
- Step 2.Select the Options
- Pin the extension on the menu bar and click on it. A few options will appear; select the sharing you want. Then you will get a URL to share with others so they can add to the Room.
- Step 3.Microphone and Camera
- If you choose microphone and camera, a new Window will appear asking for permission to access your device's camera and microphone. Close that page and again select the options to proceed.
- Step 4.Select the type of screen sharing
- You can select the entire screen, a specific Windows, or a Chrome tab. Selecting the entire screen will let other people in the Room watch everything you do on your desktop. Just click on any option you want and click on the Share button.
- Step 5.URL Displayed
- A new tab will open instantly, showing you the URL of the screen. You can share the URL with anyone you want. Type that URL on any supporting browser of another device, and you can watch that screen on it.
- You can also click on the ‘Options’ tab to select a specific resolution and bandwidth. You can also set a password for your screen sharing here.
3Advantages & Disadvantages of WebRTC Desktop Sharing Extension
It is compatible with almost all famous browsers. The extension is easy to install and set up and completely free.
WebRTC is still in the process of completion. Although it's working, the developers are trying to add more things. Uncertainty in the codecs is also a severe issue for many third-party users.
3How to Disable WebRTC in Chrome/Firefox/Edge?
You can stop the screen sharing from the extension icon on the toolbar. Click the WebRTC icon and click on Stop Sharing to stop screen sharing.
If you want to disable the WebRTC screen sharing with audio services from your browser, open the Settings tab and click on More Tools. Then select the Extensions tab and disable it by sliding the slider shown with the WebRTC extension.
You can also click on the Remove tab to permanently delete the extension from your device.
Part 2. Can I Use WebRTC Screen Sharing without Extension?
Part 3. How to Use WebRTC to Remote Control another Computer?
GO-based WebRTC Remote Desktop allows you to control the computers remotely. Pion WebRTC and RobotGo are used at the backend. The process is difficult to understand as it requires technical skills and knowledge for WebRTC screen sharing remote control.
You can change the port by using Flags, while by default, the port used is 9000. Post / Session starts a session, while GET / Screens is used to get the screens from a remote server. Then an SDP offer is created in the browser. The backend checks the offer, and if everything goes fine, the server responds with an answer. The video will receive on the browser to display.
Part 4. Extra Tips: How to Share Desktop Screen Remotely within 5 Minutes?
AirDroid Cast is best for sharing desktop screens remotely on other devices. With the help of AirDroid Cast, you can also share desktop screen to your another PC with Windows or Mac. Here are the steps to share screen remotely within 5 minutes:
- Step 1.Download the App
Download the AirDroid Cast app on both computers. You can also open webcast.airdroid.com on receiving computer for screen sharing without installing any software.
- Step 2. Connect both devices
- To get the desktop screen remotely, you need to select a different network to on the your computer And then, open AirDroid Cast app.
- On the receiving device, you will see a QR code and a 9-digit Cast Code beneath the QR code.
- On the sending computer, you have to click on the 'Cast to' button and enter the Cast Code from the receiving device.
- Also, you need to allow permission from the receiving device to the Desktop. Click on ‘Allow’ to start casting.
- Step 3.Start Mirroring
- After allowing access from both devices, you will watch your desktop screen on the receiver device with an HD-quality display.
Part 5. Easily Share Mobile Phone Screen Remotely
Share Android/iPhone Screen to PC/Mac by Using AirDroid Cast.
Here is an important tip:
You can easily share your mobile screen on a PC or Mac for a larger display. The widely used App for this purpose is the AirDroid Cast. It is a powerful and fully secure App providing a screen-sharing feature within a few minutes, and the audio and video output result is outstanding.
An interesting fact about this App is that it can share five screens simultaneously and supports two-way audio sharing, which is why it is also best for online meetings.
Learn More: Control Android Screen Remotely with AirDroid Cast
Part 6. The Bottom Line
Following that, we reviewed another App that, with its simple and quick interface, handles both screen sharing and controlling functions. It supports screen sharing as well as a local and remote control. You can also use AirDroid Cast with a USB connection to share the screen between devices.
Leave a Reply.