To install WhatsApp on windows, head over to WhatsApp.com/download. And Click on Get it from Microsoft. Make sure the WhatsApp application is installed on your android device to use on the computer.
How to Use WhatsApp on Computer? [2023 Tested]
WhatsApp is becoming the most popular chat application, exchanging millions of text, images, and video messages daily. While WhatsApp is primarily used on mobile devices, most users may need to realize there is a web version of WhatsApp called WhatsApp Web.
With the WhatsApp web feature, you can connect to WhatsApp on your computer and use it on Windows or Mac without paying an extra cost for a phone plan. This article will show you how to pair and use WhatsApp on a computer in just a few simple steps.
- Part 1: Can You Use WhatsApp on a Computer without Your Phone?
- Part 2: How to Use WhatsApp on a Computer?
- Part 3: Is It as Convenient to Use WhatsApp on a Computer as on a Mobile Phone?
- Part 4: How to Unlink a Device from Your WhatApp Account?
- Part 5: FAQs about Using WhatsApp on Computer
Part 1: Can You Use WhatsApp on a Computer without Your Phone?
If you search for WhatsApp Web, the official way to use WhatsApp on a computer, you will be prompted to scan a QR code via smartphone( Just for one time). Your computer displays the WhatsApp screen with limited functions identical to those on your phone.
If you wish to use WhatsApp on a computer without your phone, a few workarounds and third-party software are available, but that isn't recommended. For this purpose, Android emulators are the most commonly used.
You can use Android emulators to run WhatsApp on your computer without a phone. Often users find it a great way to use WhatsApp on their computer to chat with friends, family, and colleagues without having to carry their phone around with them all the time. While there are different Android emulators, we recommend BlueStacks as the best option for most people.
To get started,
Download and install BlueStacks on your computer.
Once it's installed, open BlueStacks and search for WhatsApp in the Play Store.
Install WhatsApp and then open it.
Your phone number will be required. Please enter your phone number and verify it with the code sent to you.
Once verified，you can start using WhatsApp on your computer, just like on your phone.
Several optimization problems have plagued Android emulators. Also, it can only perform most tasks on a PC with high specs, and some applications aren't compatible with emulators.
Part 2: How to Use WhatsApp on a Computer?
Using WhatsApp Web on Windows and Mac is as simple and exciting as it sounds. Here are some effective methods to get WhatsApp up and running on your computer.
1WhatsApp Web Version
If your WhatsApp is logged in to your smartphone, It requires a few seconds to set up on your computer with WhatsApp Web.
Open your PC web browser and enter the URL web.whatsapp.com.
At the same time, open WhatsApp on your Android device. Hit the three-dot menu and click on "Linked Devices." iPhone users launch WhatsApp, click on settings at the bottom and select Linked Devices.
The QR code will appear in your computer's web browser, and you'll have to use your WhatsApp's camera to scan it.
On your PC, WhatsApp Web will appear after a short loading period. Now take the camera to the PC screen and scan the QR. Use it as you wish and log out when done.
If you prefer to log out from all devices on your phone, go to the WhatsApp Web menu and select the Logout from all devices option.
2WhatsApp Desktop App
There is a dedicated desktop WhatsApp application since the web version did not offer all the features of standard WhatsApp. All you need to do to begin using the WhatsApp Web application is to install the application and follow the simple instructions.
Here's how to get WhatsApp desktop app on a computer:
Get the WhatsApp desktop app from whatsapp.com/download.
Hit the "download" button to install the WhatsApp application on your computer.
Once the file is downloaded, click twice and Install it.
Launch the WhatsApp PC application. Scan the QR code on your smartphone to set it up.
Supported Operating Systems on Desktop WhatsApp
Windows: Windows 10 & higher.
Mac: Mac OS X 10.10 & higher.
AirDroid Web's remote control feature is the most efficient solution to view, manage, and instantly access WhatsApp on your computer. The application is particularly designed to offer highly acclaimed remote mobile device management service - whether from an Android device or web browser.
In contrast to WhatsApp Web, AirDroid Web offers a range of features. Including the ability to manage files, view notifications, capture screenshots, send text messages, transfer photos and videos, as well as view them remotely from any authorized device. In case your phone is misplaced, the application will help you revive WhatsApp content and even track the location to prevent inappropriate phone use.
Best of all, AirDroid Web is compatible with all Android devices, featuring an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
Here are the simple steps for setting up WhatsApp on your computer using AirDroid Web.
Get the AirDroid Personal App from Google Play Store or directly from the AirDroid website.
Log in to your AirDroid account using the AirDroid Personal App. Check the instructions to allow the permission required.
Now visit AirDroid Web, sign in the same AirDroid account.
Tap on the Control button to establish the connection.
As soon as the connection is established, you can easily access and operate WhatsApp on your computer. Moreover, you can see your conversations in WhatsApp and send and receive messages. Users can also access other features such as setting notifications, creating groups, and more.
Part 3: Is It as Convenient to Use WhatsApp on a Computer as on a Mobile Phone?
WhatsApp web and WhatsApp applications are slightly distinct versions of WhatsApp. Both versions have pros and cons, so deciding which is convenient for you is essential. For instance, WhatsApp web doesn't have the same features as the mobile app. You can't make voice or video calls on WhatsApp web.
WhatsApp Web: WhatsApp web is a web-based feature you can use in your PC browser. When you're working at your computer and don't want to handle your phone, it's quicker and more convenient to check WhatsApp messages.
WhatsApp web syncs your smartphone conversation so you can read them on both devices. Despite its popularity, WhatsApp web lacks some features found on the WhatsApp official app, such as the ability to create group chats and add new contacts, and you can't access certain features such as voice and video calling.
- WhatsApp Web is easily accessible on any computer with a stable internet connection.
- No need to download or install anything - just open your web browser and enter web.WhatsApp.com/.
- Secure and encrypted.
- Offer instant alerts.
- Fast and reliable.
- Quite limited compared to the WhatsApp desktop app.
- It takes a bit long to load.
- Can't log in without a phone.
WhatsApp Desktop Application:There is a native desktop application for WhatsApp that users can download and install on their computer. Feature-wise, the desktop application is somewhat similar to its mobile counterpart. The app syncs with your phone, so all of your messages and contacts are available on your desktop.
You can also use the app to make voice and video calls and even send and receive photos and videos. The desktop app also supports push notifications, so you will always be notified of new messages, even if you're not currently using the app. Getting started with WhatsApp desktop is easy; it also offers many features.
- WhatsApp Desktop apps allow users to enjoy the same features as the mobile app on their computers.
- Users can send and receive messages, share images, videos, and documents, and make voice and video calls.
- WhatsApp desktop app also comes with end-to-end encryption, making it one of the most secure messaging apps available.
- The app also allows users to log in with their existing WhatsApp account, making it easy to switch between devices.
- WhatsApp desktop app allows users to connect and enjoy all updated features on their computers instantly.
- One of the most reliable, encrypted, and secure messaging apps available.
- It is easy to switch between devices without having to log in again.
- Only compatible with Windows 10 or higher.
- There is no way to customize the chat window on the desktop app.
- The app takes a bit of time to load.
WhatsApp Mobile Application:WhatsApp mobile application is the most commonly used mobile messaging app used by millions of people all over the world as their leading chatting platform. In addition, the phone app is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. It's also very easy to use - you need a phone number, and you can start chatting. WhatsApp is also free to use, which is a big plus.
- WhatsApp mobile app is highly efficient to use. It offers users a simple and easy-to-use interface, making communication fast and secure.
- WhatsApp is known for its secure end-to-end encryption, which ensures that all messages and calls are encrypted and secure.
- WhatsApp mobile application provides all updated Android and iOS features, allowing users to communicate without hassle.
- WhatsApp is free to download and use, which makes it an affordable way to always stay in touch.
- Convenient messaging application .
- Instant messaging .
- Secure and reliable .
- Cross-platform compatibility.
- As Facebook owns WhatsApp, privacy concerns exist as the data is shared with the social media platform.
- Lack of customization.
- It is sometimes overwhelming to deal with group chats since messages can spam your inbox.
- Everyone who has your WhatsApp contact number can see your profile picture.
- WhatsApp requires you to provide someone with your personal phone number so they can contact you.
Part 4: How to Unlink a Device from Your WhatApp Account?
Due to privacy concerns, you must unlink any device from your WhatsApp account that you are no longer using, have sold, or have replaced with a new device. Unlinking a device will leave your account safe from unauthorized access or if you suspect someone else has access to it.
Step 1: Open WhatsApp application .
Step 2: Hit the three dot menu at the top of the screen and click on Linked Devices.
Step 3: You will see a list of devices connected. Tap on any device you wish to remove.
Step 4: Now click Log Out.
Part 5: FAQs about Using WhatsApp on Computer
It is safe to download WhatsApp on your laptop as it is an encrypted and reliable chatting application.
Yes, there is no problem using the same WhatsApp account on a mobile device and a PC.
Yes, it is possible to use WhatsApp on four linked devices using one phone, including a web browser, desktop, tablet, and other connected devices.
Head over to web.WhatsApp.com and scan the QR code. Another efficient way to connect and pair your WhatsApp with your computer is AirDroid web which offers all the exciting features you won't find on WhatsApp web.
WhatsApp is an instant messaging application that offers a wide range of features, while WhatsApp web is a web-based feature you can use in your PC browser. There are some features you won't find on WhatsApp web that you'll find on the WhatsApp official application.