How to Set Android to Keep Screen On for Certain Apps?
During work, we usually use mobile apps like a calculator, media player, or MS Office continuously for an extended period, but the screen lock is triggered automatically after a few seconds, and it feels irritating and time-wasting.
If you are facing the same issue, no need to worry anymore. We have the solutions to perform business operations seamlessly without such disturbance. Now, explore 3 different methods of Android to keep your screen on for specific apps.
- 1 : 3 Methods to Set Android to Keep Screen on Certain Apps
- 2 : The Reasons to Keep Screen Awake
- 3 : How to Keep the Lock Screen of Android Always On?
- 4 : Issues May Arise When Setting Your Android Device to Keep the Screen On
13 Methods to Set Android to Keep Screen on Certain Apps
Here are the three different methods to set the Android screen on for specific apps. Each method has its worth, depending on the Android version or business level.
1.1Method 1. Third-party App - Kinscreen
Download and install the Kinscreen app from Google Play Store and open it. It will ask for permission to change system settings. Turn the slider on to enable it so the app can apply changes on the device.
The app will display numerous options separately for turning the screen on, keeping the screen on, and setting screen timeout. It does not require enabling the developer option.
- Turn Screen On
You can select the following options to turn the screen on as displayed in the image:
- Keep Screen On
It will help you keep the screen on while charging, on-call, or using apps. To identify apps, Kinscreen needs permission to manage access usage.
- Manage Screen timeout
Adjust the screen timeout according to the specific device usage needs for your business.
1.2Method 2. Android Built-in Features: Disable Screen Timeout
Screen timeout is a specific period after which the device screen display automatically turns off. The screen timeout counts only when the device remains un-touch for a particular time.
Disabling the screen timeout prevents the device from completely turning off the display. Keeping it ‘On’ permanently is suitable for employees who display presentations and videos for hours.
Here are the steps for Android 11 keep screen on for certain apps using built-in features:
- Step 1: Open the settings app on Android with version 11 and scroll down to find the display tab.
- Step 2: Keep scrolling down to find the Screen timeout tab in the display tab.
- Step 3: Click on it and select the maximum screen timeout, which is 30 minutes.
Android 12 and later
The steps for Android 12 or later versions may vary. Here are the steps you can follow for Android 12 to keep screen on for certain apps:
- Step 1: Open the ‘Settings’ app on your Android and select ‘Display and Brightness’.
- Step 2: In the ‘Display and Brightness’ tab, find the auto-screen option and click on it.
- Step 3: Select the duration for the screen timeout. Maximum you can choose 30 minutes.
1.3Method 3. Keep Screen On for Individual App
This method suits enterprises with a fleet of Android devices, so AirDroid Business MDM solution can configure and apply the settings once on all devices. Here are the simple steps to enable it:
- Step 1:Open the 'Policy and kiosk config files' tab
- Sign up and log into AirDroid Business admin console. Select the 'Policy and kiosk' tab from the main menu at the top and then select 'Policy and kiosk config files' from the left side menu bar to create a new config file.
- Step 2:Select the app
- Select the single app mode option and choose your desired app to run in one app mode with continuous display.
- Step 3:Select 'Display' Option
- Select the 'Display' tab from the menu appearing from top to bottom. Open the dropdown menu below the Screen timeout tab and select 'Keep Awake.' Also, turn the slider on after the 'keep the screen awake' option. Click the 'Next' button to enter a profile name and code.
- Step 4:Save and Apply configuration on devices
- Then press the 'Save and Apply' button. Click on the 'Add' button after the 'Apply Config file to the following devices/groups' and select the devices to apply the configuration. Click 'OK,' and it will be applied to selected devices. After completing the setup, the screens of the devices in your management group will stay on and be locked to the app interface you've set.
2The Reasons to Keep Screen Awake
Presentations are primarily delivered in organizations using Android devices due to their flexibility and ease of integration with other equipment. Android devices are also easy to manage to keep the screen awake during long presentations.
It helps the staff deliver presentations seamlessly and professionally without interruptions. Locking the screen multiple times during a presentation has a bad impact on the audience and reduces the effectiveness of the presentation. So, ensuring consistent screen visibility during conferences, meetings, and client presentations is crucial.
The continuous visualization of the device screen is particularly crucial in self-service kiosks that you can find in retail stores, hospitals, information centers, educational institutes, and banks.
By preventing the screen from sleeping, companies can maintain a frictionless user experience on their kiosk. A constantly lightened screen also helps them to improve their brand visibility and display important information by playing videos or slides when devices are not in use.
In particular, this is very important for transactions, information retrieval, and self-service processes, where the availability of a dynamic screen generally enhances user satisfaction.
In routine business tasks, having the screen active on Android phones keeps things easy and workable.
The active screen reduces the need for manual interventions that may be required while seeking order processing, inventory management, or on-demand access to data from a smart mobile.
It also becomes convenient for employees to get access easily and respond quickly to queries without interruptions, and work gets easily managed. Thus, continuous screen display ensures streamlined workflows that enhance business productivity.
3How to Keep the Lock Screen of Android Always On?
There are certain cases when the user wants to keep the device locked but wants the device to always display the time and data on the screen. Android offers this service on all devices except a few ones. It is simple and easy to enable from device settings. Here are the steps to enable it on Pixel 7 phone:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app and select the display option.
- Step 2: Tap on the lock screen option and scroll down on the new screen to find 'Always show time and info.'
- Step 3: Turn the slider on to enable it.
4Issues May Arise When Setting Your Android Device to Keep the Screen On
Unusual battery consumption
Android devices might encounter battery drainage issues when exposed to continuous screen displays. Enterprises need to manage strong battery or power supply backup to ensure continuity.
When a device is continuously utilized for hours with heavy loads like online streaming or watching videos, it gets overheated due to increased temperature. Overheating affects the device's performance and its overall health.
Android devices with OLED and other such screens can burn the screen if the display is extended and prolonged. It usually happens when static images are displayed on the screen longer.
Continuous unlocking of devices can increase privacy issues, which demands robust device monitoring to ensure data security.
Businesses primarily need to keep the screen on for specific apps during presentations when a slide is to display for a more extended period without disturbance so the presenter can explain each point conveniently.
Similarly, while running single app kiosks on digital devices, businesses prefer to play a video or slides on the screen instead of screen lock when the device is not in use to improve brand visibility. Depending on the scenario and available resources, you can use different methods to keep it on. But there are some technicalities that you might face while trying to keep it on, so you need to understand the situation and take action as required carefully.