[Newly Updated] How to Airplay From Your Mac to Any TV?
- Mirror iOS Device to TV with AirDroid Cast
- Allows you to cast your Macbook to non-AirPlay compatible TVs.
- You can cast your Apple products to your TV directly from the internet without downloading an extra app to your device.
- AirDroid Cast also has a convenient app that's simple and easy to use.
Apple's AirPlay is a proprietary wireless streaming protocol that allows audio or video content playback on compatible devices. AirPlay-enabled devices can share audio, video, or both types of content with each other.
AirPlay was first introduced in 2010 as a way to wirelessly stream audio from iOS devices to compatible speakers. Since then, Apple has expanded AirPlay's capabilities to include video streaming and screen mirroring.
To use AirPlay, you must have an AirPlay-enabled device and a compatible receiver. For audio streaming, any compatible speaker system will work. You'll need an Apple TV or another compatible receiver for video streaming or screen mirroring. In this article, you'll find how to use Airplay on your Apple devices directly to your TV.
- 1. How do I Turn on AirPlay on My MacBook?
- 2. How to Airplay Mac to TV?
- 3. Macbook Screen Share to A TV (No compatible with AirPlay)
- 4. Conclusion - What Are You Most Looking Forward to Streaming
- 5. You May Also Want to Know about Airplay
1How do I Turn on AirPlay on My MacBook?
Turning on AirPlay is a simple and easy way to utilize your MacBook's full potential. AirPlay-compatible devices include the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV, and certain speaker systems and receiver models.
In order to utilize AirPlay from your MacBook, you must have an Apple TV or a compatible device to cast to.
- Find the Mac menu bar in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. Select the control center icon, which will open a small window.
- Once the control center is open, select the " screen mirroring option."
- From there, you'll be presented with your Apple TV or any AirPlay-compatible device. Select your device, and it should connect shortly.
- To stop AirPlay, you can again select the control center icon, select screen mirroring, and then select your Apple TV or the device you're currently casting to.
- Once the device is selected, it will disconnect from your AirPlay, and your MacBook screen should return to normal.
If using MacOS 11, you'll need to follow a different procedure to turn off AirPlay.
- Select the control panel at the top of the screen.
- From the screen mirror window, select Display Preferences.
- In the Display window, select the menu next to AirPlay Display towards the bottom left corner and select Off.
For MacOS Catalina and Mojave:
Does Your TV Support AirPlay Natively?
If you're like most people, your TV is probably the centerpiece of your home entertainment setup. It's where you watch your favorite shows and movies, and it's where you play your video games. But did you know that your TV can also be a great way to listen to music or utilize it for viewing your apps on a larger scale, straight from your computer or handheld device?
While Apple TVs automatically come with AirPlay compatibility, some TVs aren't equipped for Airplay 2. There are many brands that are compatible with Airplay 2, making it easy to stream from our MacBook, iPhone, or iPad at your leisure.
Which TVs Are AirPlay 2 Compatible?
While there are many brands of TV, the major brands are LG, Samsung, Sony, and Vizio. All of these TV brands have models that are AirPlay 2 compatible, but not every TV they offer is. The key is to identify which series or model you have and see if it makes a list of compatible TVs. You can find an extensive list of AirPlay-compatible TVs here.
2How to AirPlay Mac to TV?
Before you're able to connect your Mac to your TV through AirPlay, it's important to make sure all of your devices are compatible. Older Mac models don't have the ability to use Airplay, which was developed in late 2010 to 2011. Earlier models don't have the option to cast to your TV, but there are still options for you to cast to your Apple TV.
Also, your Apple TV must be a 2010 model or newer, as previous models aren't equipped with AirPlay capabilities either. Both of your devices should also be connected to the same Wi-Fi signal, as this is how they share their information.
Once you have the model and Wi-Fi verified, it's also best to ensure both of your devices are up to date. If you're using a device that hasn't been updated in a while or doesn't have automatic updates, it may need to update before it can successfully connect to AirPlay or provide a strong and consistent signal.
How to AirPlay Mac to Apple TV?
- Select the control center button on your Mac at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select screen mirroring.
- You should see a list of AirPlay-compatible devices on the screen mirror window. Select your Apple TV.
- Your Mac and Apple TV should now be connected.
- From here, everything you do on your Mac will be reflected on your Apple TV, such as streaming a movie, playing a game, or browsing the internet.
How to AirPlay Mac to Samsung TV?
Before AirPlaying your Mac to your Samsung TV, you must know if your TV is compatible with this feature. You can verify this by selecting Settings > General, and if you see "AirPlay Settings" on the list of options, it's AirPlay compatible. If not, then your TV doesn't naturally come with this feature.
- Turn your TV on. Verify that your TV is connected to the internet. If your internet isn't connected, select settings on your remote.
- Select general, and then network. Open the network settings and locate your wireless network.
- Select the network, enter your password, and your TV should now be connected to the internet.
- From here, select settings from your remote, then general.
- Locate the AirPlay Settings. If AirPlay is off, turn it on. Now your TV is ready for AirPlay.
- On your Mac, select the control menu, then screen mirroring, and locate your Samsung TV on the list of compatible devices.
- Select your Samsung TV, and your devices should now be connected.
3MacBook Screen Share to a TV With AirDroid Cast
Even if you don't have a TV that's compatible with AirPlay, there are still ways for you to cast your MacBook to your device. First, you should have a TV or casting device connected to your TV that can either access the internet or download applications.
AirDroid Cast App & AirDroid Cast Web
AirDroid Cast is an application and website that allows you to use their third-party service for casting your MacBook to almost every device.
AirDroid Cast also supports remote connection, allowing you to access devices under the different internet. With this amazing feature, your partners on work or other users can mirror their Mac screen to your device wherever they are.
In fact, both the AirDroid Cast app and the browser version – AirDroid Cast Web – work together to bridge technology gaps that other solutions can’t touch. It is the best way to connect your Mac to TV. Their website is easy to follow, simple to use, and a convenient way to stream directly from your Apple devices.
How to Screen Mirror Your Mac to a TV with AirDroid Cast Web?
Before trying to cast your Mac to your TV, make sure both devices have been updated and have up-to-date software. Check your internet connection, and make sure your TV has the ability to connect to Wi-Fi. If your TV isn't Wi-Fi capable, you won't be able to access the AirDroid Cast Website, which is needed to be able to cast your MacBook to it.
- Turn on your TV and open your internet browser. Once your browser is open, type https://webcast.airdroid.com/#/ into the search bar. You are now on the AirDroid Web Cast Page.
- Open your Macbook. Download the AirDoid Cast app on your Mac from their website.
- Once downloaded, open the app. You should see the screen below. A display screen will ask for "grand permission" alerts, such as a microphone and notifications.
- Enter the nine-digit QR code from your TV screen into the designated area of the AirDroid Cast App.
- Once entered, your devices should be connected. Now you can watch your favorite videos,shows or everything your like from your mac on the TV.
Locate the QR symbol as well as the code. You'll need to enter this code on your MacBook shortly.
4Conclusion - What Are You Most Looking Forward to Streaming
Your Macbook is more sophisticated and user-friendly than trying to stream or use the internet on your TV. By using AirPlay or casting your MacBook to your TV through AirDroid Cast, your streaming options are limitless.
If you have a favorite movie that's only downloaded on your laptop or part of an app that your TV doesn't support, you can cast it and watch it from your MacBook. You can also cast music, games, and basically anything you would do on a computer, which you can now view on your TV.
If you're not tech-savvy, don't worry. By following the above instructions, you should be able to connect your TV to your MacBook with little to no stress. If your TV isn't capable of connecting to the internet, you could also try purchasing a device that connects to your internet and then enables your TV to have access to AirPlay, casting, and screen mirroring.
If you and the family enjoy movie night, or you like to catch your favorite show with a group of friends, AirDroid Cast is the perfect solution to making sure your MacBook, or any streaming device, is able to connect to your TV and help elevate your viewing experience.
5What You May Also Want to Know About AirPlay
- Select the control center button located on the top toolbar.
- Select screen mirroring.
- Select display preferences.
- Then select the "off" button from the AirPlay Section.
- You can also turn AirPlay off by deselecting the TV or other device from the control menu where you first selected it.
- Connect your TV to the internet.
- Open your website browser. Go to https://webcast.airdroid.com/#/
- Open your AirDroid Cast app on your Mac.
- Enter the QR code located on your TV screen.
- Your devices should now be connected.
If AirPlay isn't showing up on your Mac, there are a couple of reasons this might be. If your Mac is older than 2011, chances are it's not AirPlay compatible, and this may be why it's not showing up on your Mac.
Another reason is your Mac needs to be updated to a recent software system. Check your computer for software updates, and update if necessary. Lastly, make sure your Mac is connected to Wi-Fi. Otherwise, you won't be able to use AirPlay.
- From your MacBook, select the AirPlay icon.
- You should see your LG TV on the list of compatible devices.
- If your TV doesn't show up on the list, make sure your TV is connected to the Wi-Fi. Also, verify that your TV is AirPlay compatible, as some older models of LG aren't. Select your TV, and you should now be connected.