Yes, you can permanently delete the message. When you delete a Skype message, it goes into your drive's recovery log and stays there for 30 days. After that, it gets permanently deleted.
How to Delete Skype Messages? [2022 Answered]
Skype remembers every chat-based interaction you have on the site, which is useful for recalling your friend's joke, double-checking notes your classmate provided or reflecting on the answers a prospective recruit offered during the interview process.
- Part 1: How to Delete Skype Messages?
- Part 2: How to Delete a Conversation on Skype?
- Part 3: How to Remove an Instant Message I've Sent?
- Part 4: How to Clear a Group Conversation?
- Bonus: How to Delete Both Sides Skype Message?
- Part 6: How to See Deleted Skype Messages?
- Part 7: Can Skype Messages Be Monitored?
- Part 8: FAQs about Deleting Skype Messages
1How to Delete Skype Messages?
Suppose you wish to delete the backlog of Skype messages but don't know how we've got your back. In this section, we've listed how you can delete Skype messages on different devices:
1 On Windows 10 and iPad
To understand how to delete a Skype chat, follow these steps:
- Launch Skype on your Windows 10 or iPad and go to the message you want to remove.
- Select Remove by right-clicking on the message or clicking the three dots beside it.
- Click Remove once again in the pop-up box to confirm.
2 On Mobile Phone
To delete Skype messages on your iPhone and Android, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Skype app on your iPhone or Android smartphone and go to the conversation having the message you want to delete.
- Hold your finger on the message you wish to delete.
- To confirm your action, select Remove and then Remove again.
2How to Delete a Conversation on Skype?
There are conversations on Skype that you no longer wish to have in your chat list. It's better to delete such conversations and free up the space they're occupying. If you wish to delete a Skype conversation, follow these steps:
- Open Skype on your device and scroll through the menu on the left of the screen for the chat you want to remove.
- In your chat list, right-click on the conversation, and a pop-up menu will appear.
- Select Delete Conversation and confirm by clicking Delete on the window.
3How to Remove an Instant Message I've Sent?
If you delete an instant message you send, it is deleted for everyone in the conversation, and no one will see it. You can only delete an instant message you sent; you cannot delete an instant message sent by someone else in a conversation. To delete an instant message on Skype, follow these steps:
- Open Skype on your device and go to the conversation.
- Locate the instant message you wish to delete.
- On a mobile device, hold down the message and choose Remove. While on the desktop, right-click the message and select Remove
- To confirm, choose Remove once more in the pop-up menu.
4How to Clear a Group Conversation?
Clearing a chat deletes your copy of the conversation's messages. It will be removed just for you, not for the other participants. If you wish to clear a conversation on Skype, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Start Skype on your device. Locate the group chat under the Chats tab.
Step 2: Find out the chat you wish to clear on your mobile device, hold the chat and then choose Clear discussion. On the other side, you can right-click the group chat and pick Clear conversation.
Step 3: Now, to clear the conversation, click Confirm.
5How to Delete Both Sides Skype Message?
After a message has been sent, removing it is only accessible for a brief period. If the communications were sent long ago, you cannot delete and erase them from the other user's end. You may attempt to hide or erase the whole chat on your end, but the messages on the receiver's end will remain. To delete a message from both sides, follow these steps:
Step 1: Go to Skype on your device and navigate to the chat you wish to delete.
Step 2: To delete a message on the phone, hold the message and tap Remove. However, right-click the message on the Desktop and select Remove from the pop-up.
Step 3: After that, select Remove again to confirm that you wish to delete the message.
6How to See Deleted Skype Messages?
If you previously enabled Windows Backup, you may attempt to restore the deleted Skype messages, chat history, and other sent or received items from prior versions. This approach is ineffective if the backup option is not enabled. To restore and see the deleted Skype messages, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Navigate to C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\AppData\Roaming. Then, open Skype and Received Files folder on your desktop.
Step 2: Right-click the File and choose Properties.
Step 3: Then, choose the Previous versions tab, highlight the earlier version, and click Restore.
7Can Skype Messages Be Monitored?
Want to monitor Skype messages on your kid's phone or someone else in the family? Look no further! All you need is a user-friendly and safe-to-use parental control app. If you want one, don't look any further because you won't find a better tool than the AirDroid Parental Control app.
Protect your kids from online dangers and help them form healthy digital routines with the AirDroid Parental Control App. Using this tool, you can sync alerts and SMS, track location, set quick alarms, restrict access to inappropriate apps, record screen activity, regulate screen time, block certain apps or games, and so much more—all from the comfort of your own home. As a bonus, you can keep tabs on your kid's Skype conversations.
- You can keep your family secure without always hovering over their shoulders.
- Have your children use the cameras on their mobile devices to check the scene.
- Set limits on your kids' screen time to promote good behavior.
- Check out your children's surroundings via their mobile phone microphone.
- Monitor your child's internet activity by casting their phone on your smartphone.
To monitor Skype messages using the AirDroid Parental Control Application, here are some steps to follow:
Step 1. Download and install the AirDroid Parental Control app.
Step 2. When you first use AirDroid Parental Control, you'll be taken to the registration screen. Start by signing up for an account.
Step 3. Get AirDroid Kids installed on the target device. Launch AirDroid Kids after installation and make the required adjustments to the device. After that, enter the device's pairing code to establish a secure connection. The target smartphone screen is now within your viewing distance.
If you want to keep tabs on the Skype messages your target device is exchanging, tap the Notifications tab on your AirDroid Parental Control app. You will see all the notifications they're getting along with the Skype messages. In addition, you may search to see whether any material is sensitive or potentially malicious.
8FAQs about Deleting Skype Messages
Skype messages only stay for up to 30 days. Depending on the history settings, any chat history older than 30 days will be kept on the device's local hard drive. Past conversations will be automatically deleted if you have not set your chat history to permanently a year ago.
When you block someone on Skype, any past conversations sent to that person are not removed. You may still read your past discussion with this banned contact by going to your Recent list in the Skype app.
You can only delete an instant message you sent; you cannot delete an instant message sent by someone else in a conversation. Furthermore, system messages cannot be erased, such as those delivered to a conversation when renamed.
If you delete a Skype conversation, you remove your copy of the messages in the conversation. It will be erased solely for you, not for the other participant.
The history of your Skype conversations is saved in the Outlook Conversation folder. When you open that folder, you'll see details like the date and time the chat conversations were sent, the names of the users, and the discussion content itself.
Skype maintains a backlog of conversations, which may represent a privacy or security concern if you have talks you wish to keep between you and the other person. If you use Skype often, these saved chats may become a source of digital clutter that you should clear up from time to time.