- Go to settings
- Go to "privacy."
- Go to "how people find and contact you" and click "edit."
- Tap "who can see your friend list" from there.
- Choose the option you want, either public, friends, only me, etc.
How to Block Someone On Facebook [Web & App]
The best way to avoid unpleasant encounters on Facebook is to block someone on it. It is often said that anonymity begat contempt. It is mostly true for social media users, especially on Facebook.
According to research, there are several reasons for blocking someone on Facebook. It may be to stop abuse, create boundaries, or remove negativity. Either way, Facebook makes it easy to restrict people from contacting you with just a few clicks.
This post is an overview of how to block someone on Facebook and some FAQs about blocking someone on Facebook. Read on to find out more.
- You can either block people from the Facebook website or the Facebook app.
- Blocking someone on Facebook practically hides your profile and posts from them and vice versa. You can neither tag them nor see them on your list.
- You can see blocked people from Setting and unblock them.
- There are ways to know if you have been blocked on Facebook.
- You can also block your kids from accessing Facebook without them knowing.
Part 1. How to Block Someone On Facebook
You can block someone on Facebook from the Facebook web or the Facebook app.
From Facebook Web
- Type in the Facebook web address facebook.com in your browser.
- Login with your account details.
Click your profile and go to Settings & Privacy > Settings.
Choose "Blocking" from the options on the left to edit the "Block users."
Selct "Add to blocked list" and type in the name you want to block.
Click "Block" and confirm the option.
From Facebook App
The Facebook messenger app is a stand-alone messaging app. It works for all smartphones, Android and iPhone included.
- Click on the Facebook Messenger app icon on your android device to open the app.
- Go to chats on the app.
- Scroll to the name of the person you want to block.
- Tap on it to open their conversation.
- Tap the info icon; it is the three-dots at the top-right of the page.
- Scroll to block option from there.
- Tap the block option to block the contact from your Facebook.
If you want to block more than one contact, repeat the step for each contact. Alternatively, you can click on our profile and navigate to people. From there, you can block contacts.
Part 2. What Happens When You Block Someone On Facebook
The first thing that happens when you block someone on Facebook is that they stop being on your friend list. When you search for them o, you wouldn't see them.
Also, they won't be able to see your posts, Message you, tag you in their posts, or comment.
When you block someone on Facebook, you automatically unfriend them. Chances are that you might still see content from blocked profiles. Blocking someone on Facebook doesn't delete the history. You will still see the group they create/join. But they cannot send you an invite to join their group.
Part 3. How to See Blocked People On Facebook
There are two ways to see blocked people on Facebook; the website or the Facebook app.
From Facebook App
- Open the app on your smartphone.
- Tap the icon with your profile picture in it.
- Navigate to "settings and privacy", tap on it.
- Go to "settings" and tap "profile settings."
- Navigate to "privacy" and select "blocking."
From the Website
- In your browser, go to the Facebook website.
- Click on the downward-pointing arrow from the top-right of the page for more options.
- Click on "settings and privacy" and choose "settings" from the options.
- Click on "privacy" and select "blocking" to see blocked contacts.
Part 4. How Do I Know If I've Been Blocked On Facebook
Facebook doesn't give notifications if you've been blocked. But there are ways to know;
The person is not on your friend list. If you notice a contact is no more on your friend list, and you didn't delete or unfriend them, they may have blocked you.
If you cannot tag a contact in your posts, there is a high chance that they've blocked you.
When you create a group or event on Facebook but cannot send an invite to the said contact, they may block you.
Another way to tell you've been blocked is if you cannot message them. An error keeps popping up each time you try to message the contact. They may have blocked you on their messenger.
Also, if you cannot search for them, you keep seeing "contact not available" each time you search for their name; despite spelling their name right, you've been blocked.
Part 5. How to Block Someone from Accessing Facebook Without Them Knowing
There are several ways to block someone on Facebook. You can block their posts on your news feed, block them from seeing your timeline, or restrict them from seeing when you are available. However, if you want to blocking someone from using Facebook, a parental control app is the best way. You can use AirDroid Parental Control to block Facebook usage.
- Schedule when and how long your kids can use Facebook
- Monitor Facebook notifications and online activity
- Find your kids location and set safe geo-fenced zones
- Watch and hear what is happening around your kids
Steps to Use AirDroid Parental Control
Step 1. Download the AirDroid Parental Control app on your device and install it.
Step 2. Download the kid's version of the app on the target device.
Step 3. Launch the app on their device and link their device to yours.
AirDroid Parental Control app runs in the background and stealthily. Thus you can block your kids from accessing Facebook on the target device without them knowing.
If you have a Facebook contact spamming your page or with whom you don't feel inclined to be friends, you can block them easily. You can do that from the Facebook website or app. Also, you can distance yourself from them rather than blocking them.
FAQs about Blocking Someone On Facebook
- Tap on their name from your chat
- Click on the info icon and navigate to block
- Alternatively, you can click on your profile and go to "people" from their
- On the Facebook website, go to "settings" and click on "privacy."
- Tap "blocking" and enter the name of the person.
Leave a Reply.